Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Case Variations

1. Forstnerbands Mar 30, 2020

Hi everyone! Hoping to enlist the forum’s collective expertise in gathering some information about variations in Speedmaster cases (and lug hole placement) throughout the years.

For example, while we all know the “Professional” case has been around for a long time, I am unaware (and haven’t been able to determine) if there have been subtle differences between the lugs as the references evolved over time. Same with the straight lug vintage and more recent reissue/limited edition models with 19mm lugs.

If anyone knows the answer, I’d much appreciate hearing from you. Or, if you’d be so kind to post a photo of the inside of your Speedmaster lugs and note the reference, I’d be very grateful for that as well.

Your pal,
    Gourdin from Forstner

neilfrancis likes this.
  2. Hamish02 Mar 30, 2020

I’m sure there’s a thread already on this. I remember seeing it fairly recently, I think someone posted a link, buried in the “new” Ed White thread. I had a quick go searching the forums but didn't spend too long.

3. zoohannover Mar 30, 2020

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 30, 2020

Definately a difference in professional cases.
    Definately a difference in straight lug cases.

Here is a thread I started (that includes some other threads I found, specifically on the lack of facets on 105.003-64s) on the matter of the straight-lug cases. Its by no means complete/exhaustive, but I have updated the OP with pictures/links as I have found them.

Edited Apr 3, 2020
  5. Forstnerbands Mar 30, 2020

Thanks! This is helpful, and I really appreciate the responses! My specific focus is workable end-links for the various models. I've had difficulty tracking down which end links would fit various iterations of the cases. Any help on that front would be much appreciated!

6. Seaborg Apr 1, 2020

Do I smell a potential flat links bracelet reissue project here :whistling:?

kov, vbrad26, Pazzo and 2 others like this.
  7. Forstnerbands Apr 1, 2020

You sure do

JanP, kov, vbrad26 and 5 others like this.
  8. vbrad26 Apr 2, 2020

You have my attention...

kov likes this.
  9. Forstnerbands Apr 2, 2020

Lol, hopefully I'll have an update with good news soon.

Seaborg and vbrad26 like this.
  10. speedytoronto Apr 2, 2020

Following