Omega Speedmaster bezel

Hi Guys
I have my fathers 1970 Speedy with a very faded and dented DON bezel. I am not a speedmaster expert but i have a chance to replace it with a mint condition DN90 from around the same period. As you can see from my image the DON bezel is very damaged and faded.
Can i get your thoughts
thx
viv

Unclear what you are asking. Yes your bezel is worn and damaged.
No photo of replacement bezel attached if you want opinion

The DN90 bezel is not as sort after as the DoN, bezel but it is much better condition

Sounds like you’re considering two choices;
1. Original/correct but poor condition, or
2. Incorrect but good condition.

Personally I’d stick with option 1 until I could afford option 3 (correct and good condition).

Thank you for your reply
The DN90 is quite accessible and cheap.
The DoN are extremely pricey and relatively rare
Ive read that both are now accepted as original

Thank you for your reply

It depends on the serial of your watch

I think most of us would consider replacing an original DON with anything but a much better-condition DON a downgrade. Of course, it’s your watch and if you prefer a better-condition replacement bezel to the original one, no one will call the police on you, but the reason DON bezels are so pricey is exactly as you say—they’re rare to find in good condition.

Are you selling the original bezel? Again, it’s your watch to do with as you please, but actually getting rid of the original piece is going to strike most of us as an irreversible error. We’re collectors and we value originality.

If you don’t like looking at the old damaged bezel there’s no harm with getting the DN90 and seeing how you enjoy the watch with that.
I would keep the original bezel however as previously recommended. You can always swap back.
Keep in mind that if it’s cheap the DN90 may be aftermarket
If your watch movement is lower than 31xxx.xxx it did not come with DN90 bezel but I wouldn’t worry too much about that if you like look. Just don’t sell the orig you may change your mind.

Thank you for your reply
The last statement is incorrect. If the watch originally had a DON, a DN90 bezel is not correct. This can also be determined by the serial number. However, it's your watch, and if you want to install an incorrect bezel, that's your choice. Another option would be a service bezel, which is equally incorrect but even less expensive.

BTW, DON bezels are not nearly as expensive as they were 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply all
My watch has a serial no 29500 which is DON
But Speedmaster 101 webpage says many consider DN90 as original these days due to the amount they have been replaced over the years.
My original question is would a poor quality DON be better than a mint condition DN90?

A DNN is not correct for that serial. I would consider a good quality DNN would not be better than a poor quality DON bezel.

Thanks for the reply all
My watch has a serial no 29500 which is DON
But Speedmaster 101 webpage says many consider DN90 as original these days due to the amount they have been replaced over the years.
My original question is would a poor quality DON be better than a mint condition DN90?
Youre getting the same answer -
Nobody here believes that your watch would originally come with DNN bezel-
If you prefer a nicer looking bezel and wish to swap a DNN go ahead, its your watch to enjoy, but keep the original too
But if you want to convince people here that DNN would also be an original bezel for your watch, its a steep uphill climb.
Enjoy the watch! We would like to see the watch too- maybe you have a brown dial??

This is it with the 220 bezel which isn’t the correct one, but fitted later and replaced with DON