Omega Speedmaster 2915-2 (UPDATE) on an upcoming auction!

Posts
2,625
Likes
5,861
A very special Speedmaster is on an auction, and I do think that most of us has seen, or will soon see it?

It has the oval O, domed dial, subdial indices, Speedmaster engraving on the step of the caseback etc.
But a lot is needed to be discussed?
The hands, bezel (it must be a replica..?), pushers (replacements) and the crown…
No movement picture….for now…

This watch is waaaaay out of my comfort zone, but a very interesting watch!
And I will let the pros assess the watch, I am always eager till learn!


Serial nr 16648823 with an extract.
Estimate is 40000-80000 € / 42900 USD - 85700 USD + the 31.2% premium.
The viewing is in Monaco - so why not have a nice weekend maybe??


What are your opinions on this Bad Boy!??


 
Posts
747
Likes
876
There are so few of these (especially with a chocolate dial)…. Can a new one just appear to market like this without being known?
 
Posts
35,652
Likes
39,900
31.2% premium lol that’s incredible
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,861
There are so few of these (especially with a chocolate dial)…. Can a new one just appear to market like this without being known?
I do think that the 2915 hunters might recognize this one??
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,861
31.2% premium lol that’s incredible
Insane....But I have seen worse, and even payed it myself...😵‍💫
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,245
I'd wait until Perezcope has a chance to examine it if i were in the market considering all the shenanigans going on at auction houses lately.
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
I'd wait until Perezcope has a chance to examine it if i were in the market considering all the shenanigans going on at auction houses lately.

I agree. It doesn’t seem like having an extract is enough anymore, especially not at those prices.
 
Posts
6,473
Likes
22,004
That's a rough looking case. Not sure I'd want it at even a low price.

The color of the chronograph bridge doesn't match. I'd need an expert opinion on if that is correct.

The hands lume is solid and many have missing lume. I'd be curious about whether it was redone.

Doesn't excite me much at all. There’s a nice 2998-6 for sale here in the private watch area that I like much more for only 13k.
 
Posts
7,778
Likes
14,374
I agree. It doesn’t seem like having an extract is enough anymore, especially not at those prices.
An extract should never be the definitive conclusion on a watch. Almost every manufacturer has been caught issuing 'funny' or doctored extracts because having their old, vintage watches fetch high prices at auction is good for selling their new product. Consider iffy extracts as an advertising exercise by a manufacturer.
 
Posts
2,465
Likes
7,071
Thanks for the link. They want 31.2% premium from the buyer; you'd figure a more detailed description and condition report.
 
Posts
5,666
Likes
9,496
More detailed description? No way. It opens the Path for legal proceedings after the auction ... After all the self inflicted drama by the Factory , my guess is under 40k or not sold.
 
Posts
1,785
Likes
5,586
An extract should never be the definitive conclusion on a watch. Almost every manufacturer has been caught issuing 'funny' or doctored extracts because having their old, vintage watches fetch high prices at auction is good for selling their new product. Consider iffy extracts as an advertising exercise by a manufacturer.

an extract is just a proof that omega watches were not produced or manufactured from china.
 
Posts
1,161
Likes
6,814
There are a few grails coming up in the next few weeks....