Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69 with Extract from the Archives

Just not wearing this beautiful example anymore, so it’s got to go. The case is razor sharp and to my eyes untouched except for the engraving on the back. The lug edges are beautiful and maintained. The DON bezel is fantastic and in truly excellent condition in keeping with the case. The dial is untouched and superbly clean with typical 69 aging of the hands. An overall excellent 69 if you’ve been looking for one.

The watch has been serviced at Paul’s watch repair about one year ago and is running great. The crown winds and sets tightly and feels stiff but exact. When they serviced they didn’t align the hour totalizer perfectly. It’s not creeping it’s just aligned a fraction to the right. Would be a quick fix for someone but it doesn’t bother me.

Extract shows a USA delivery on July 8, 1970. Almost the one year anniversary of the moon landing.

Based on speedmaster101 charts this should be around 6k or so but that seems high to me. How about 5200 usd shipped in the US overnight or international at the actual cost. I cover full insurance as well. I don’t think you’ll find as nicely preserved an example easily.

Edited:

Just discovered that my Speedmaster has exactly the same date 😀