Omega Speedmaster 105.003-64 a.k.a "Ed White"

Spring clean up goes on here and next for sale comes this Omega Speedmaster 105.003-64 a.k.a Ed White.

This one comes from my watchmaker who was offered this watch by an old man passing by some years ago. He entered the shop and proposed his watch for sale directly from his wrist. After assessing the watch, a price agreement was made and the old man left the shop with a pile of cash. Later, I was offered this watch by my watchmaker as he obviously knew about my bias for the Speedies, especially those powered by a calibre 321. I bought this watch head only and that's what comes up for sale now. In the meantime, I've got an extract from the Omega Archives and had the movement serviced, in order to offer it as a worry free purchase, ready to be worn and enjoyed.

So why am I selling it? Because I have another 105.003 that I decided to keep. Also, as I'm slowly falling off the Omega tree and am discovering / learning about watches from other brands, I can't keep buying without selling some of my pieces. Selling some multiples will allow me to explore different areas of watchmaking. My decision is your opportunity.

So what have we got here? An all original 105.003-64 which has those typical straight lugs without facets and features a beautifully aged grey-bluish 'dot over 90' bezel, blue hue being observed on different -64 Speedmaster references.

The dial has no damage and the lume (obviouly tritium) however a bit dirty is intact. The hands also have a tritium lume and present an interesting aging, especially the chrono hands that tends to brown. I have also typically observed this on different -64 references. I like the "rusty" look, this gives to the watch face a different dimension.

Might the buyer prefer to have intact yellow tritium hands instead of these, I can have them replaced for the same price. I have enough spare sets available.

Original fat neck pushers and flat feet crown, I am sure you've already spotted that.

I believe the case had a light refresh in the past, the shape is correct and it looks great.

The caseback has some marks of wear but no damages. The double bevel and the engraving still crisp and the reference engraved inside.

According to the Extract from Omega Archives, the watch was produced on June 18, 1965 and delivered to Switzerland.

The movement was serviced in november 2019 and is good for a while. The mechanical warranty till end of 2020 will be transferred to the buyer. Please note that it's a vintage watch and its water resistance was not tested and is not guaranteed. The reason for this is the wish to preserve the original pushers and crown. The buyer has to be aware of that and wear the watch with that in mind.

To recap :

- All original Ed White with some patina
- Serviced recently, mechanical warranty
- Shipped on a leather strap from Molequin and a SS signed Ω buckle
- Extract from Omega Archives

What you see is what you get.

Terms and conditions :
I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this watch at your price".

13800 CHF / 14300 USD / 13000 EUR / 11500 GBP wired directly to my bank account for the watch head on leather as pictured.

I will include fully insured shipping to wherever Fedex can deliver.

The watch and I are in Switzerland. If you happen to be in Switzerland, face to face always welcome : I value meeting people. I happen to visit other places too, let us talk.

Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality, unedited and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better, prior buying.

References : by searching the 'seller profiles & review' sub forum
100% positive feedbacks here as well as other platforms - can link with happy buyers worldwide, on request.

Thanks to OF for the space. 👍

I am also open to trades for chronographs from other brands. Waiting for your PMs with ideas 😀

Also nice on a NATO and available 😀

15074829-1baa-4901-b52b-5bbb53a47740-jpeg.982296