Flightmaster 145.036, this big boy has issues, advise please

Posts
174
Likes
55
Good morning members , kazd here again, cloudy Sunday morning, exercising my photography skills , no sun today to interfere with my pic adventure lol, hope everyone having good weekend, so here I have one of my Flightmasters , 145.036, this one I purchased on eBay thinking probably back in 2006, it was sold as is so I pulled the trigger haha, the story was that it belonged to a helicopter mechanic that used it everyday , when I received it , I could tell that this one went through tough daily use no doubt , but I kept it anyway, another , guilty me ,😊🙃 abandoned in drawer , so it’s time to give a attention, from the pics you can definitely tell , has issues , movement filthy, but runs like champ ♎️😄 needs new crystal (I have two new ones already ), new gasket, someone was trying to remove the bracelet and messed up one of the end links , case has some dings and scratches , not terrible , but I don’t think was ever polished , my question to you guys is , how to go about it ,it looks nice on the wrist ,much better then in pictures , as I find pictures amplifying every little flaw and detail, definitely will need professional skilled hands, I have another one , the 145.026 , I will post it separately , thanks. much better condition , wishing everyone great day ,will be grateful for your opinion, kazd ❤️♎️
 
Posts
15,954
Likes
47,921
Requesting comments is usually preceded by asking questions. What do you want to know?
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
Requesting comments is usually preceded by asking questions. What do you want to know?
ah hello , sorry if I deviated from proper post format 🌝 my question for advise here is what’s possible to improve this Flightmaster with minimal, reasonable cost , not expecting any miracle, just to give little touch of love to it, thank you again , kazd
 
Posts
13,635
Likes
18,992
I don’t say this often, but your best best for this model is to send it back to Omega. Not going to be quick or cheap, but Omega has most, if not all of the OEM parts you will need.

I think if you search this forum you will find some before and after pictures of Flightmaster restorations.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
I don’t say this often, but your best best for this model is to send it back to Omega. Not going to be quick or cheap, but Omega has most, if not all of the OEM parts you will need.

I think if you search this forum you will find some before and after pictures of Flightmaster restorations.
gatorcpa
Thank you , that is a very precise advice, I’ll look to the OF postings you suggest , thanks, good day, kazd
 
Posts
20
Likes
5
I'd agree, It's a fabulous watch with one of the more distinctive dials from that era, and that's in the condition that yours is in. Have a search for restored examples and marvel at how the colours pop with new hands seen through a new crystal.
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
I'd agree, It's a fabulous watch with one of the more distinctive dials from that era, and that's in the condition that yours is in. Have a search for restored examples and marvel at how the colours pop with new hands seen through a new crystal.
Thank you, yes definitely will look into restoration , I’ll include here if I may, the other Flightmaster 145.026 that I have , these watches even if looks very big , are actually very comfortable on the wrist , and specially with the original bracelet, thank you again , here are the pics, I think I shouldn’t post new tread today , don’t want to get in trouble haha, good day , kazd
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
should you ever decide to wear it without the metal bracelet
Ah yes that looks really cool, will think about it, where do you get your straps , if is ok to ask, lovely looking Flightmaster , enjoy, kazd
 
Posts
20
Likes
5
Ah yes that looks really cool, will think about it, where do you get your straps , if is ok to ask, lovely looking Flightmaster , enjoy, kazd
......the well known chinese marketplace sellers......
 
Posts
20
Likes
5
The orange one is described as Mosaic (if you zoom in) and the yellow one as Tropic or Tropical depending on the seller
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
The orange one is described as Mosaic (if you zoom in) and the yellow one as Tropic or Tropical depending on the seller
Oh wow , this is awesome, thank you , I see you really like these watches , yours look in pristine nos condition, mine are little neglected by the previous owners , but never the less, they look awesome on the wrist , even with all the flaws , super nice with the straps , I’ll look into it , going on eBay now , thanks again , love this forum , I repeat myself 100 times ,🤗❤️♎️ enjoy , good day, kazd
 
Posts
199
Likes
175
I hope those scratch marks on the case back are not from you opening them. They both have them sadly. Great watches tho and well worth restoring. You seem to have bought a lot of great stuff over the years that you keep digging up now.
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
I hope those scratch marks on the case back are not from you opening them. They both have them sadly. Great watches tho and well worth restoring. You seem to have bought a lot of great stuff over the years that you keep digging up now.
 
Posts
174
Likes
55
Hello and no , those caseback scratches /cuts are from the previous owners , yes sadly they’re there, yes I accumulated lots of watches over the years , unfortunately some do have the imperfections , I find this curios that plenty of watches that I even see on websites have this problem, it is not visible flaw when on your wrist , but you know they’re there, I don’t really know how is possible to fix this issue without over polishing the case, I now watch some YouTube videos , how professional. Restorers use laser welding and they are able to bring back the watch to amazing condition, when I’m done with my digging lol, it will take little more time , have to look for place near NYC if there is someone doing this kind of work , without sending to Switzerland or Germany , oh that would be costly definitely , but the watches deserve proper care . As you mention , are a good pieces , thank you tor your reply , appreciated. Good day, kazd