Forums Latest Members

Omega smartening up on March 26th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandaSPUR Mar 17, 2022

We know Omega is perfectly capable of digital modules from the X33. I have no idea why they'd want to or need to do a collab with Swatch.

This might just be a stupid idea from share holders to boost Swatch popularity and make Omega more accessible to people with lower budgets.

Taddyangle likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 17, 2022

New LE Speedmaster made out of neon plastic?

Newatch321 and STANDY like this.
  3. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 17, 2022

Remember to breathe. Hype is the fuel here.

4. aphexafx Mar 17, 2022

[​IMG]

marcn likes this.
  5. PandaSPUR Mar 17, 2022

Rolex is allergic to innovation and change, bad comparison.

I brought up Hublot in my earlier post cause I think thats a better comparison, especially since both Hublot and Omega have publicly traded parent companies.

I'm still not real confident that Omega really is planning a smart watch, and I personally dont like it either, but I wouldn't be surprised if it made business sense to someone over at the Swatch group.

TBH I would rather see Omega release a smart watch than have Omega and Swatch do a collaboration.

TwinPeaks likes this.
  6. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 17, 2022

::rimshot::

Kinda hard to do when the only thing Rolex has in stock are waitlists.

7. PandaSPUR Mar 17, 2022

My point was Rolex has its own reasons to avoid smart watches, all of their periodic updates are very minimal and iterative.

Also, why cant you properly use the quote function? Sheesh.

8. abrod520 Mar 17, 2022

Tissot already has smart watches and smart-adjacent watches in the T-Touch line

connieseamaster likes this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 17, 2022

How did anyone get Smart Watch out of anything to do with Omega and SWATCH ::book::

pmontoyap, cvalue13, alinla and 10 others like this.
  10. ChiefMark Mar 17, 2022

The collaboration will be a nod to "Trading Places" (1983). Omega will introduce a LE plastic tribute to Swatch, and Swatch will release a LE solid gold dress watch.

::stirthepot::

11. Cod Holliday Mar 17, 2022

Take a deep breath.....

12. ChiefMark Mar 17, 2022

Hyperventilating Rolex fan-boy troll has entered the chat. :rolleyes:.

13. PandaSPUR Mar 17, 2022

Lets all remember that a smart watch is just one GUESS from a bunch of people on a forum with no insider knowledge on what Omega is actually doing.

14. aphexafx Mar 17, 2022

This is now my favorite saying, ever. I'm sorry if that is not constructive.

Kiltie likes this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 17, 2022

Dude...relax...

16. Walrus Mar 17, 2022

I hate to admit this but I saw a movado smart watch I liked. I looked again Decided I didn’t like it. Apple Watch outsells the Swiss watch industry maybe it would be a smart business move but I think that’s trying to extrapolate a lot of intel out of not much of an ad. Plus all these smart watch owners of which there are many seem pretty dedicated to apple and android as they show me all the functions and make fun of my “old fashion watch”. That would be weird though all those years of mechanical, auto and quartz for omega stepping into smart watches. Hopefully it’s just a swatch branded omega I could actually afford from the A.D. but that’s not likely either. I don’t like teaser things I’m too old just tell me what it is I have enough things I’m trying to guess about. Whatever it is I decided I am now against it out of principle

Pun likes this.
  17. pdxleaf ... Mar 17, 2022

Crap like this
    20220317_162453.jpg

18. lillatroll Mar 17, 2022

I think the ad is aimed at younger people who might wear a Swatch watch, Having the brand name Omega in the same ad, will hopefully get the target audience to associate the two brands, and then when they have the funds to buy a luxury watch, they think of Omega.

Taddyangle and MTROIS like this.
  19. Scooterino36 Mar 18, 2022

Can someone help me understand how we made the leap that Omega is collaborating on a smart watch based solely on those Instagram posts?

Full blown hysteria in this thread over internet conjecture, so 2022!

apsm100, PandaSPUR, aphexafx and 4 others like this.
  20. Jockywilson1 Mar 18, 2022

Don’t know where all the smart watch chat came from. Think that’s a case of 2+2 = 5

id guess it’ll be a collab between the two brands, either an omega inspired swatch (speedmaster in a swatch body) or an omega with some colourful printed style face. I can see the latter being an idea to move into the Rolex palm face thing they released last year.

whatever it is I’m sure it’ll be met with derision and love in equal measure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.