Forums Latest Members

Omega Service Not responding for 14 days straight

1. DrPepper Jun 12, 2021

Hi enthusiasts,

i bought my first omega watch, a Speedmaster Moonwatch just over 14 days ago via the online Boutique. The watch is just great, but the box the box for storing the watch e.g. during traveling broke on day one, meaning that the button for closing it detached itself from the fabric after the first usage. I contacted Omega immediately via the online Form, 14 days ago, with photos and explanation.

A week after not hearing anything, I also called the local contact number in Germany. The Service/Sales representative promised me to take care and also acknowledged that not hearing something for 7 days is not their preferred experience for their customers. However, I never heart from him also for the next week.

I must say a real bummer for a product this expensive. For sure the watch itself is a stunner and of highest quality. But in this price range I also expect the box around it to be.

Any similar experiences lately?
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 12, 2021

Hey Sebastian,

It's irritating for sure, but something that they will fix.

It sounds like you're hitting the double edged problem of reduced staffing (around Covid), and the beginnings of the summer holidays seasons.

It may be worth trying to go through your local Omega Boutique, rather than customer service - maybe give them a call and ask for help?

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Cenzo Jun 12, 2021

Sebastian - I agree going directly to a local Boutique may be better. In any case, I know Omega will make it right. I had ordered a part for my bracelet once and they sent the wrong part, twice! Eventually they sent the correct one, refunded my entire parts purchase (other spring bars) , and sent a nice omega leather card holder as well. Sorry you case is off to a rough start. Be polite but firm with them and I am sure they will make it right. Good luck!

4. pdxleaf ... Jun 12, 2021

My experience with the online customer inquiry is that the response time is exceptionally slow. In the last six months I have contacted them a few times and it takes weeks to receive a reply. They have always replied, but usually it's close to a month later.

Maybe they want us to feel like we are getting a personal response from a live person as opposed to an automated response. Only a real person would take so long to respond...:whistling:

Fairly certain Omega will respond in time. Until then, you'll have to keep the watch out of the box and on your wrist :D

Best of luck.

wagudc and Scarecrow Boat like this.