Omega Seamster Polaris Multifunction Repairs

Hello there, id like to apologise first for not really knowing anything about watches.
I recently took my grandfathers watch to get serviced and when doing so he mentioned he had another. He has owned this watch since new, and it's been in his bedside draw for almost two decades. I've attached some photos and as you can see it unfortunately has water damage.

I don't know anything about watches, just what i've been able to find off the Internet. I believe is a Seamaster Polaris multifunction and it looks pretty worse for wear. my fathers good friend is a watchmaker, but I didn't want to waste his time bringing him something that is too far gone. Can this watch be saved, within reason? Either way he will keep it for old times sake. Any other information on this watch would be great.
kind regards Max

It certainly can be saved, but it wont be cheap. A full Omega service will bring that back to new but will run to most of the value of the watch. If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, the module can in theory be sourced in the aftermarket as it was an off the shelf ETA design, but they are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain. Reach out to a the watchmaker you mention and see what they say, you wont be wasting his time but Omega themselves will put it back to fine fettle if you decide to go that way.