Forums Latest Members
  1. pietrzak Jul 31, 2018

Hi folks, my brother has given me his Omega Seamaster, automatic, Chronometer. Also has the inscription on the face 'Turler'. Keeps great time and it looks in good condition - the day changes, but not the date. My local watchmaker says that this could be rectified by sending to Omega but, even if it could be repaired it would likely incur cost of over £300. My question is, I want to sell it, what is the worth as it is and should I invest in this repair? It is the stainless steel version by the way. Appreciate any advice please?

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 31, 2018

My advice is to post photos.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 31, 2018

Pictures of the watch and we can give you a better idea. Where did he get it?

4. pietrzak Jul 31, 2018

He purchased it new many years ago when in Switzerland - will take some photographs tomorrow.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. kaisiang098 Jul 31, 2018

That doesn’t sound like a very good watch maker hahah.
    Yeah do post photos, painting a word picture doesn’t really work in this context ;)

6. Dan S Jul 31, 2018

Not all watchmakers have access to Omega parts. But I think that a watchmaker who can obtain Omega parts would probably feel quite confident to repair this watch.

7. pietrzak Aug 1, 2018

OK Here we go:

IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0431.JPG
    ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 1, 2018

Put a little effort into your request. If you want free information, provide some photos that are in focus.

9. ConElPueblo Aug 1, 2018

That's a very nice watch, @pietrzak :thumbsup:

The movement is the cal. 751 and a competent watchmaker with an Omega account should be able to fix it. If you really want to sell it on, having it serviced prior to a sale may not be worth the effort, as the cost of the repair and service could well exceed what you'd earn more from selling a working watch.

The reference is called 168.023 and you can see one in outstanding condition here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-chronometer-168-023-sparkly.47586/

Note that when talking value, dial condition and how sharp the brushing and facets are play a major role. Therefore good photos are, as @efauser says, essential.

Archer likes this.
  10. pietrzak Aug 1, 2018

Sorry, not a photographer, another go though:

IMG_0433.JPG