Omega Seamaster with the arrowhead markers: my new incoming watch and some research

Hello all members,:)

My personal favorite hour-markers for both constellation and seamaster model need to be the arrowhead markers.

Today I would like to share my new incoming, the omega seamaster with triple case references (2657-2494-2521).

The omega reference 2567-2494-2521 comes with the unusual larger case than usual, approximately 36.5mm excluding the crown and 39.4 mm including the crown (usual seamasrer will be 34.5mm excluding the crown).

It was the gold cap case with the very uncommon “arrowhead markers”. Thanks so much @Tony C. who told me that some serious collectors would call theses markers other than the 3, 6, 9, 12 would be considered "shark's tooth", rather than arrowhead markers.:thumbsup:

IMG_8882.jpeg IMG_9031.jpeg IMG_8896.jpeg IMG_8890.jpeg

The serial number was 14,769,xxx using caliber 354 (17 jewels). This “chronometer” rated will show “adjusted five (5) positions and temperatures" legend engraved on the rotor. Please refer the movement picture below.

In my opinion, the dial was original waffle dial.
The arrowhead markers (plus some of the shark's tooth) were original.
The clover leaf crown might be the modern replacement crown because it is not “flat-footed.” I will change it to the correct model later.
The Caliber 354 movement with chronometer rated looks correct and quite clean.
The hands were correct and original too. The case was some polished.

IMG_8950.jpeg IMG_4807.jpeg IMG_4803.jpeg

It should be noted that it will look like the “two-tone dial” when you view from the certain angle.:)

IMG_8995.jpeg

More macro photography:

IMG_8922.jpeg IMG_8920.jpeg IMG_8944.jpeg IMG_8913.jpeg IMG_8908.jpeg IMG_8925.jpeg

My research found only 3 examples of seamaster with the same dial pattern (non-date seamaster with the arrowhead markers).

IMG_4556.jpeg IMG_4780.jpeg

I found watch no.2 and 3 from Facebook, unfortunately I don’t know the reference and movement number.

I will focus on the watch no.1 using the same font appearance.
https://watchesoflancashire.com/product/1954-omega-seamaster-2521-11sc-jumbo/

Bear in mind that this one is the jumbo version with the triple case reference too, though the rotor bridge was swapped at some point.

IMG_4853.jpeg IMG_4817.jpeg

At first glance, I believe that the crosshair line should be thicker when it touches the 3/6/9/12 hour-markers (as watch no.2 and no.3), as we usually found in the constellation model. The red arrow pointed what I mentioned above. By the way, watch no.1 also looks alike.

IMG_4818.jpeg

image002.jpeg

My crosshair line for a further comparison.

IMG_4846.jpeg

It is surprising that I already owned “5 examples” of these omega seamaster “jumbo” chronometer officially certified. :eek:
IMG_4538.jpeg

From my 6 examples, I found these triple case references (2657-2494-2521) can come with three types of inner case back engraving, but slightly difference in positions of the numbers.
IMG_4825.jpeg

Finally, my wrist shot.

IMG_8975.jpeg IMG_8957.jpeg

I really appreciate the advice from Omegaforums’ members whom I asked via PM. It was very helpful !!::psy::
So sorry if I didn’t include your watch into my research, please share your example(s).

Thanks you for your valuable feedback, comments and like.:)

I leave the question “can my watch be only one example in the omega seamaster jumbo chronometre, waffle dial with the arrowhead markers, which I believe it’s not easy to find?

Best,
Teerapat
Edited:

Like 26
A truly stunning watch. And the quality of your posts and recent purchases really show how serious you are as a collector. Respect. :cool:

Like 3
Very nice, Teerapat!

Perhaps I misspoke, but the markers other than the 3, 6, 9, 12 would be considered "shark's tooth".

Like 2
Well done Teerapat!

Nice condition and a very uncommon dial...

Like 1
Another great watch, how do you keep finding these? :thumbsup:

Like 1
@X350 XJR , I’m trying to find “a needle in a haystack”.

Also, I will try my best to take good pictures, to do research, and to share in this forums.;)
Edited:

Like 1
Another observation is that the “SWISS MADE” was located along on both sides of the 6 o’clock hour-marker (mine and example no.1).
However, the “SWISS MADE” was also be found below the 6 o’clock hour-marker (example no.2 and no.3).
IMG_4982.jpeg

To verify the originality of this dial, I add the picture from the backside of my watch.
Perhaps, it may be used for further reference.;)

Please note these two dial’s legs were still intact (marked by the green arrows), no sign of removed or re-glued of all hour-markers.

IMG_9955.jpeg

Now the crown was changed to be the correct "clover leaf flat feet crown"
IMG_1269.jpeg
IMG_1267.jpeg

My wrist shot.
IMG_1272.jpeg

Like 4