Omega Seamaster - Legit check

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying this watch. Does it look legit or a replica? How much is it worth if legit? he's lost the papers for it though.

Thanks

IMG_2092.jpeg IMG_2093.jpeg

I don't see any telltale signs of this being a fake. Without box and papers, I'd probably pay about $1500 top given it's current condition.

I don't see any telltale signs of this being a fake. Without box and papers, I'd probably pay about $1500 top given its current condition.

Perfect, thanks! How old you reckon the watch is?

That Rolex bracelet is giving off the vibe of being fake. Which, if it is, I’d be suspicious and careful with that seller.

Like 7
Perfect, thanks! How old you reckon the watch is?

Only Omega can tell you with certainty. This model's first production year was 1998.

I don't like what I'm seeing of the hands. Do you have more pictures of this- preferably better ones?

Aside from it being fake or not, I would ask if the case tube threads are okay - he only shows it with the crown unscrewed, so the threads might be stripped.

Like 1
Always baffles me when photographing a watch for sale, can't take the few seconds to line it up. If they can't get that correct, the question becomes why? What other details of said watch are they trying to divert your attention from. You can definitely find another one without any questions. Buy the seller, not the watch.

It’s the lowest value SMP, the mid size quartz. Make sure you know that and are comparing with apples. Age is 1997-2006
Edited:

Like 1