Forums Latest Members
  1. Uffizi Mar 22, 2016

Hey Everybody, I'm new to the forum and while I have added probably close to 200 threads to my bookmarks for some nice bedtime reading, I haven't been able to find anything on this specific Cosmic.

My grandfather had a decent collection of Omega's, he'd buy a new one from the Omega store every other year for his birthday, and now he's passed away he's left them to me. I will be posting a bunch more as the weeks go by, but currently just trying to get some info on this one in particular. Whatever info anybody has would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing some more damned beautiful watches.

Serial number 166022 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.JPG 8.jpg

2. BrandonP Mar 22, 2016

Beautiful!

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Mar 22, 2016

166022 is the case reference number. You can use that to order parts. The serial number will be inside on the movement. You would use a tool (like tool 107) to compress the crystal and lift it out to get at the movement. See a watchmaker for this. You also may want to see a watchmaker to have the movement cleaned and lubricated if you are going to wear the piece.

This link may or may not work - vintage database is rather quirky...

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet...ache=1&cHash=8690af6a71b7fe247c1e2131da1a3b75

Basically the database has this:

Seamaster
    Cosmic

ST 166.0022

[​IMG]
    Features
    International collection

Dimensions

Case

Stainless steel

Case Back Type

Unishell (case opening on dial side)

Dial

Metal, with luminous metal hands

Crystal

Armoured hesalite

Bracelet

Leather

Function

Movements
    Type

Automatic (mechanical)

Caliber Number

Other

Created in 1965
    24 jewels
    Central sweep-second hand

TECHNICAL DATA
    Water resistance

30 meters

Enjoy that watch. I am a fan of the Cosmics, myself.

4. Uffizi Mar 22, 2016

Thanks for the compliments and the help, I tried searching the Omega database myself and had no such luck- obviously still plenty to learn on my part. If I can get a hang of it I might start cataloging my collection, for the love of the info and the cool old picture

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 22, 2016

Oh man I think you just solved a question for me! Can you post a shot of the back of the buckle on the jubilee style bracelet? That is the one with wider links on the outside. Also the case back of that one?

At least I assume that is what is going on since those are pics of 2 different watches.

6. Uffizi Mar 22, 2016

Great eye I didn't even realize at first when you said it. I had to go and do a double check. Both watches have the 166022 - Tool 105 mark on the back, both Cosmic's, but the one I meant to be asking about (and is the same in all the other pics) is the one with the crosshair dial. And as you pointed out different bracelet (539 for one I meant, 022 for jubilee). Like I said, plenty to learn on my part. Hope this pic is what you meant.

9.jpg

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 23, 2016

I recently got a seeminglyidentical bracelet from @abrod520 that is an unknown. The case back is great as that shows the model. I was wondering if you had a shot of the inscription on the bracelet clasp.

8. abrod520 Mar 23, 2016

The links on this one are squarer, so it's not the exact same model but they might be in the same family. I do think the bracelet I sent you @Foo2rama is likely from a Seamaster originally - the J/M on the clasp may indicate that it was a Holzer bracelet made in Mexico. But, if you look up photos of the original Speedmaster Holzer jubilees, their center links are wider. Either way, it's kind of a cool bracelet IMO but unfortunately too short for my yeti wrists!

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. Uffizi Mar 23, 2016

Away on a business trip and won't be back home till next week. I'm trying to explain to my girlfriend what part of the watch she should take a picture of but so far that's realllllly not working out. I'll make sure to get a pic for you first thing when I get back home though if this relationship doesn't work out haha.

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2016

redbar.jpg

Perhaps the OP (Who is in New Jersey) can explain why the photos of the watch here and of the same watch he is selling on eBay match those of a well known UK seller, Retro Watch. and the watch that was sold on Chrono24. Or perhaps not :whistling:

redbar.jpg

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 23, 2016

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2016

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 15, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 3.30.09 PM.png

14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 15, 2016

I was going to say it could be a long business trip, but @Uffizi said it was only a week....
    and he hasn't been seen since @cicindela called him out!

15. fjcm Jan 3, 2024

I have this watch and I am looking for the Plexi,, do you know the part number of it?

16. sonicosa Jan 3, 2024