Omega Seamaster Chrono Questions

New member here and not a watch expert. In the mid 1990s I inherited my father’s Omega Seamaster chronograph. He purchased it in Germany while stationed in Wiesbaden in 1960. All I know about it as far as age is that he had the case back engraved with his name and the year 1960. He rarely purchased things used so I’m guessing it may be a 1960 year model. It seems to operate fine, maybe loses 5-10 seconds in 24 hours. I’ve never had it serviced, wind and wear it maybe once a month. It currently has an Omega alligator leather band, but I also have what I believe is called a “beads of rice” stainless steel band (also marked Omega). Original red leather watch case. I’m attaching some photos. I assume the tan face patina is from age and not the original color.

I’m located in Seattle, WA and curious if any members could recommend a place to have it serviced. I’ve read that some watchmakers don’t work on chronographs. Also curious what a service might cost. Thanks in advance.

Welcome and huge congrats - this is a very nice looking and obviously well preserved heirloom.

Definitely possible that dial is the original colour. Not all of these have white dials. Mine (earlier) is that colour. Check eBay, you’ll see more of them.

It took me quite a while to find the right Omega bracelet for mine, so if you have the right bracelet you are in great shape. If you post the reference numbers (watch and bracelet) someone will let you know if they are a good match.

A company called Nesbits (sp?) is often mentioned for Seattle. No personal experience.

Definitely possible that dial is the original colour. Not all of these have white dials. Mine (earlier) is that colour. Check eBay, you’ll see more of them.

It took me quite a while to find the right Omega bracelet for mine, so if you have the right bracelet you are in great shape. If you post the reference numbers (watch and bracelet) someone will let you know if they are a good match.

A company called Nesbits (sp?) is often mentioned for Seattle. No personal experience.

Lovely watch. I was also going to recommend Nesbits - they have a stellar reputation, especially for servicing vintage pieces like yours.