Omega Seamaster Big Blue 176.004

Regardless if you like it or not, I am thinking of getting one. Are the prices inflated, or have they been in the 8-9k range for a while now?

I think all vintage Omega 'sports watch' prices are 'inflated' but it's simply supply and demand. As long as the demand remains prices will continue to increase. If the fashion changes, and it may, prices will level off or even fall, but the supply is fixed (of real watches). If you really want the model you have to go for it as soon as you have done all your research and have the cash together. I did yesterday.

View attachment 489533I

Regardless if you like it or not, I am thinking of getting one. Are the prices inflated, or have they been in the 8-9k range for a while now?
That seems high...but then again, I haven't been following them. Seems like dealer pricing, not sure how many sell at those numbers.

Yes that's definitely high. The ones I have seen are usually listed around 6k.

A pretty beat up, but in my opinion attractive one, on an omega mesh, sold the other day on the bay for £3250. Photo of it below. Saying the above, I could have missed something wrong with it...

IMG_0743.PNG