Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster BA 176.007

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 16, 2021

Dear ΩF

Up for grabs is a fabulous and rare solid gold Omega Seamaster BA 176.007 with an additional vintage NOS tritium dial AND handset (this watch deserves it, and so I hunted it). This watch comes serviced (service papers, not photographed, will be included) and with an Omega Extract of the archives. I bought this beauty from the amazing @Andy K a.k.a Mr.Cal1040, and as such this watch houses the underrated caliber 1040. In the golden age of golden Omegas, it does not get much better, or more bang-for-buck, or rarer (that flogged to death word, but very valid here), than this. You can read all about it here at Andy's amazing website. He has a few articles on this particular reference...do yourself a favor and go down the rabbit hole, its great fun for a WIS. As much as I love it as a collector and a WIS, and have worn it a handful of times, I just have not bonded with it, and so I move it on for another collector to covet and enjoy.
    IMG_6945.jpg
    It will come with a black leather strap, and solid gold vintage Omega buckle, and not the pictured brown one.

The case appears to be in good condition. I believe the brushing to be factory original. Personally I have not seen one of these publicly for sale, and those I have seen are the gold-plated MA 176.007 variety, all polished to death, with no brushing present on the top surface. This one thankfully has remained good...
    IMG_6946.jpg IMG_6947.jpg
    (I apologize in advance for some of the out-of-focus shots ... for serious inquiries if anything is still left unclear, Ill gladly add some more shots and try get better focus)
    IMG_6949.jpg
    As usual, some tarnishing present between the crown and pushers.
    IMG_6950.jpg
    This watch has had a life, and been worn. I would hazard any softness of edges (even with brushing intact) is from sleeve wear.
    IMG_6951.jpg
    The case-back exhibits some idiot marks in soft gold, and has seen a polish. The 'Seamaster' text is still lightly visible, as is another engraving remnant (more on that further below)...I suspect the case back has seen a polish to remove the idiot marks and the engraving. It is a pity, but it is what it is, and quite honestly when it comes to watches, the case-back is the last thing that bothers me, as its always on the wrist.

Due to the watch being serviced a year and a bit ago, I did not open the case-back to look at the movement, and I dare not either. I thus use these two pics from Andy's excellent website. Movement shot was prior to service.
    O 1.jpg Gold-Caseback.jpg
    The only visible flaw (thats not on-skin) with this watch (and its only noticeable in certain light, and at certain angles), is some lacquer that has lifted on the edge of the dial in the first quadrant.

Also, there is some paint-peel on the 24h disc, and to my pedantic eye, the hands appear to have been 'worked'.
    AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I HUNTED AND FOUND A NOS VINTAGE DIAL AND HANDSET ::psy::

This watch deserves it. I believe I did mention that these are included in the sale.
    IMG_6954.jpg IMG_6955.jpg
    IMG_6964.jpg

(some small dirt ...)
    IMG_6965.jpg
    (Lots of lint, a competent watchmaker should easily blow this off before installation)
    IMG_6966.jpg
    NOS hands.

The buckle is a perfect fit.
    IMG_6957.jpg IMG_6961.jpg IMG_6962.jpg
    And here a macro of the case-back showing the 'Seamaster' text...
    IMG_6963.jpg
    Here the UV reaction of all dials and hands...
    IMG_6967.jpg IMG_6968.jpg IMG_6969.jpg IMG_6970.jpg IMG_6971.jpg IMG_6972.jpg IMG_6973.jpg IMG_6974.jpg IMG_6975.jpg

A lovely uncommon piece.

IMG_6956.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 5000 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my bank (Transferwise) account. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to request any further angles etc.

My price includes shipping and insurance to wherever you are in the world.

Click here for references on ΩF.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms of the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

PS: some gratuitous wrist shots

IMG_6406.jpg IMG_6407.jpg
    PPS: If I have to bump this thread, and post more wrist shots, that means I will wear this, and possibly change my mind ::facepalm2::...

Edited Feb 16, 2021
    Zdzislaw, John7boy, apsm100 and 24 others like this.
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 16, 2021

That is hella cool:thumbsup: get your first free bump on me so this shows in the "new posts" section ;)

Zdzislaw and eugeneandresson like this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 23, 2021

Some nibbles but no bites. I’ll address the nibbles: no trades thanks. Lowballers, go find one of these elsewhere, at your lowball. The dial and handset adds value, a large portion of which could be recouped by selling the originals once the NOS ones bring this worthy piece to fully deserved glory :thumbsup:

Zdzislaw, cristos71 and Lonestar like this.
  4. joeshoup Feb 27, 2021

Wonderful piece. I love the dial color, "metallic brown" seems so strange to say, but there it is! I must say I think it looks better on the brown strap, but I'm sure the the buyer will be happy with this. Really an underappreciated line among Omegas.

Zdzislaw likes this.