Forums Latest Members
  1. Watch_bo Jan 19, 2019

I just received my first vintage watch in my hands: Omega Seamaster automatic cal: 491. I would like to know something more about its reference: 14767-61 (cal: 491 serialel: 16xxxxxx year 1958). I have not found anything online about this reference.
    The strap is obviously not original, is there anything else wrong?
    The watch works perfectly, can you tell me an approximative price value?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance to all.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 19, 2019

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Watch_bo Jan 19, 2019

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 19, 2019

The reference numbers were for the cases not dials. There would typically be several dial variation for each case.

My guess is that the “RA” had something to do with the production run.

Your watch looks perfectly fine to me.
    gatorcpa

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. Watch_bo Jan 19, 2019

Great! I would like to buy a new strap (possibly original omega) do you have any advise on what I should search?

6. Lbreak Jan 19, 2019

Original omega straps might be hard to come by especially if you want a period correct strap. Make sure you regularly check out the parts sales forum here and straps sales forum on WUS. As for regular straps, I would recommend going to the Open Discussion forum, there is a sticky thread on strap resources.

Cheers!

7. François Pépin Jan 19, 2019

61 is for the year of production, and RA could be either a metal code or another kind of reference. I do not know any RA in Omega metal codes, and for stainless steel it should ST. So RA could mean the same thing as on a movement: automatic.

On a movement (for instance, 28.1 RA PC), RA means "remontoire automatique" (self winding). Omega used this inscription on its earlier automatic watches, before they changed the referencing of calibers (for instance 340).

I am only guessing though. Actually I am not at all sure this RA means remontoire automatique!

8. Watch_bo Jan 20, 2019

I’m curious about the real meaning of RA in the serial number, I’ll try to do some research on this topic.

Can I have a valuation based on the previous information and photos? (No box and documents)

[​IMG]

9. Watch_bo Jan 22, 2019

Good morning, what is the best way to found an original buckle for this model?