Omega Seamaster 600 - authentic or not?

Hi,
Thanks for letting me in to the community - here's fresh new member from crispy cold Helsinki, Finland. I do own few watches (Omega Constellation "Pie Pan" & Geneve, Vulcain Cricket and Ebel Brazilia) but don't consider myself as collector - perhaps not yet. Mainly just like the vintage watches overall.

My first post here is about a watch that I'm planning to buy for my girlfriend as a gift (she's soon graduating from school of watchmaking/micromechanics).

Since she's really into more vintage watches I came by this Omega Seamaster 600 (with pictures attached). The watch has a cal 611 and a model number of ref 136.011. Basically, Seamaster’s specs are met, but I haven’t just found a watch with similar dial anywhere online. This is the main thing (alongside with no-patina-dial) which raised my doubts.

So, could any of you more meritated watch enthusiast be able to advise whether this Omega Seamaster 600 is in original condition?

It is now for sale for 400€ and the seller does not know the history of it.

Thanks for any answers!

Br. Lauri
Edited:

Pls. Introduce yourself first. This is not a free validation service. Basic courtesy is helpful. Kind regards. Achim

Hi,
Thanks for letting me in to the community - here's fresh new member from crispy cold Helsinki, Finland. I do own few watches (Omega Constellation "Pie Pan" & Geneve, Vulcain Cricket and Ebel Brazilia) but don't consider myself as collector - perhaps not yet. Mainly just like the vintage watches overall.

My first post here is about a watch that I'm planning to buy for my girlfriend as a gift (she's soon graduating from school of watchmaking/micromechanics).

Since she's really into more vintage watches I came by this Omega Seamaster 600 (with pictures attached). The watch has a cal 611 and a model number of ref 136.011. Basically, Seamaster’s specs are met, but I haven’t just found a watch with similar dial anywhere online. This is the main thing (alongside with no-patina-dial) which raised my doubts.

So, could any of you more meritated watch enthusiast be able to advise whether this Omega Seamaster 600 is in original condition?

It is now for sale for 400€ and the seller does not know the history of it.

Thanks for any answers!

Br. Lauri

That's better.

Please forgive @watchyouwant for his welcome, but we are like an old boy's club where a stranger walks in the door and demands a drink at the bar RIGHT NOW!

Your watch is indeed a nice Seamaster 600 and probably dates to around 1967/1968 or so. The calibre 611 is based on the rugged 600/601 series movements and with care and attention, it should last for generations.

The dial, while not identical to the generaly seen, is unusual but not rare and is quite OK in my estimation. Omeha made many variations of dials for specific references and some were specific to markets in different countries, so finding an exact match is sometimes a big task.

From the photos provided I see no reason not to grab that watch.

I would.

That's better.

Please forgive @watchyouwant for his welcome, but we are like an old boy's club where a stranger walks in the door and demands a drink at the bar RIGHT NOW!

Your watch is indeed a nice Seamaster 600 and probably dates to around 1967/1968 or so. The calibre 611 is based on the rugged 600/601 series movements and with care and attention, it should last for generations.

The dial, while not identical to the generaly seen, is unusual but not rare and is quite OK in my estimation. Omeha made many variations of dials for specific references and some were specific to markets in different countries, so finding an exact match is sometimes a big task.

From the photos provided I see no reason not to grab that watch.

I would.

Thank you for your profound reply; I think I will.

The dial looks perfectly fine.

The hour/minute hands look like replacements though.

The dial looks perfectly fine.

The hour/minute hands look like replacements though.
I agree - I actually believe that the seconds hand is replaced too. All three should be in stainless steel on this dial variant in my experience.