Omega Seamaster 300 Big Triangle

I wanted to get others’ thoughts on this example. I currently own a 1974 Rolex Submariner 5513, which is essentially the same watch made by Rolex.

Does anyone have any experiences with this watch and the sub to share?

Any advice is appreciated!

I own a 14060 and a watchco 300, they have both become daily wears for me despite a collection of over 70 watches at the moment. Very different watches despite both being “divers”. Don’t sell one to get the other, you will miss the 5513.

IMG_2506.jpeg IMG_2496.jpeg

I own a 14060 and a watchco 300, they have both become daily wears for me despite a collection of over 70 watches at the moment. Very different watches despite both being “divers”. Don’t sell one to get the other, you will miss the 5513.

IMG_2506.jpeg IMG_2496.jpeg
Awesome experience and your 300 is super clean. What do you think would be a reasonable amount to spend one one?

The bezel of the SM ist newer than the rest. If ypu will spend days in nature, in rain and swim or dive: keep the 5513.

Awesome experience and your 300 is super clean. What do you think would be a reasonable amount to spend one one?
The 300 is clean becuase it’s was built in 2016- lol. Part of the joy of the Watchco 300’s- all the looks of the vintage and none of the hassle.
Prices on both the OG and the Watchco’s have been in flux over the last few years so they are truly dependent on availability, location and condition.

The easier way of going about it is telling us what the one you posted is going for and showing more pictures of it to get an idea if the asking is reasonable.

Don’t own either but have had both in my hands/on my wrist. My biggest concern about the omega is that the bezel seems kind of fragile. I think it’s Bakelite or something like that. A lot of the bezels are cracked or chipped if original

Don’t own either but have had both in my hands/on my wrist. My biggest concern about the omega is that the bezel seems kind of fragile. I think it’s Bakelite or something like that. A lot of the bezels are cracked or chipped if original
This is all accurate but have seen many bezels in reasonable but authentic shape. This one looks probably too good for the dial.

The 300 is clean becuase it’s was built in 2016- lol. Part of the joy of the Watchco 300’s- all the looks of the vintage and none of the hassle.
Prices on both the OG and the Watchco’s have been in flux over the last few years so they are truly dependent on availability, location and condition.

The easier way of going about it is telling us what the one you posted is going for and showing more pictures of it to get an idea if the asking is reasonable.
The ask is $9,000 and claim is that it’s firm. Running +12 secs which they think is great and I think is starting to be an indicator of need for service. Additional pics are below.

I’m not an expert on the vintage ones as many here are, but I’m feeling that the bezel may be a later service bezel. Not that there is anything wrong with service parts, but that should be reflected in the price. We had a very nice one for sale here not long about for about 1/3 less if I recall.

And yes, Bakelite get brittle like glass over time- they don’t take an impact well. (My watchco is acrylic so slightly more impact resistant). I have watches with Bakelite bezels and they get light duty. Not looking to be a weekend warrior with a long NLA part that will kill half a watche’s value if I whack it into a door frame.

Price seems strong in the current market. The bezel is in amazingly good shape -- seemingly too good. The overexposed photos make it difficult to see marks/ scrapes on the case and the extent of polishing; I'd want to see photos that were not overexposed, as that is a common tactic to hide imperfections and project 'bling'.

The bezel certainly looks newer than the rest of the watch. I know there’s a guide somewhere to the arcana of Seamaster 300 bezel design and what matches what. But I cannot remember where to find it.

I’m not an expert on the vintage ones as many here are, but I’m feeling that the bezel may be a later service bezel. Not that there is anything wrong with service parts, but that should be reflected in the price. We had a very nice one for sale here not long about for about 1/3 less if I recall.

And yes, Bakelite get brittle like glass over time- they don’t take an impact well. (My watchco is acrylic so slightly more impact resistant). I have watches with Bakelite bezels and they get light duty. Not looking to be a weekend warrior with a long NLA part that will kill half a watche’s value if I whack it into a door frame.
The bezels are not made of Bakelite but are acrylic.

9k feels a bit high for these in current market.