Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Seamaster 2846 - SS case - serviced in July 2021 - €790

1. iamvr May 17, 2022

Dear OF

Next up for sale is an Omega Seamaster ref. 2846 with a nice cross-hair dial that I picked up from Japan last year. I had it serviced by a Swiss-based Omega certified watchmaker as a keeper and then it has sat mostly in the box. It’s not a safe queen by any means but perhaps an ideal watch to enter the realm of vintage Omegas or a daily beater, ready to be worn.

Specifications:
    Model / reference: Omega Seamster ref. 2846
    Case material: stainless steel
    Movement: Calibre 500, the serial number dates the watch to approx. 1956. The watch was serviced July 2021.
    Dial: Original, lightly patinated crosshair dial, radium lume.
    Crown: Original signed modern clover crown (not the period correct crown with the flat feet logo)
    Crystal: generic, unsigned
    Measurements: 34mm in diameter without crown, lug size 18mm
    What comes with it: Teju lizard strap by Rios as pictured. Original service receipt.

Conditions
    Dial

The watch features a crosshair dial that is nicely aged with a perhaps a more pronounced patina in the first quadrant. The hour markers at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock are distinctly different from the other hour markers: at 12 o'clock the arabic numeral stands out, while at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock the marker is bolt shaped. The other hour markers retain the original radium lume from what I can tell, and so do the hour and minute hand.

Case
    The case is in an honest condition with the original facets on the lugs still visible, but must have been polished in the past. There are minor scratches to be expected for the watch of this age. The most obvious caveat is the shape of the case back, which is unusual. It was discussed in this thread. Most likely a previous owner used a press to put the case back back onto the watch using a too small die size causing a uniform bent. This, however, does not negatively affect the functioning of the watch.

Movement
    The movement is a cal. 500. From what I know, the cal 500 has 17 jewels. So the rotor stating 20 jewels may be a replacement. The movement was SERVICED in July 2021 for CHF 450 by an independent Omega certified Swiss watchmaker, who grants a one year warranty on the service. The original service receipt will be part of the package.

Price
    It’s challenging for me to set a price for this one. I’ve invested more than €1000 on this watch incl. the service, which I can’t expect to fully recoup. Therefore I set the price at €790 (+ shipping) to match another incoming watch. The watch and I are located in Switzerland. No returns I’m afraid, unless I’ve grossly misrepresented the watch.

I have a few references here on OF, both as seller and buyer:
    https://omegaforums.net/search/19478583/?q=iamvr&o=date&c[node]=10

If you have questions or think I misrepresented anything, please PM me.

Thank you OF for the space.

DSC_3543.JPG DSC_3542.JPG DSC_3545.JPG DSC_3546.JPG DSC_3547.JPG DSC_3548.JPG DSC_3549.JPG DSC_3550.JPG DSC_3551.JPG DSC_3554.JPG
    DSC_3553.JPG

Edward53, Shabbaz, Dan S and 11 others like this.
  2. iamvr May 20, 2022

Bump with hopefully some better straight-on pictures

DSC_3706.JPG DSC_3708.JPG

3. iamvr May 31, 2022

Bump

4. iamvr Jun 10, 2022

Bump with a Friday morning sun wrist shot

IMG_8087.jpg

Shabbaz, EdtheAussie, sneer and 7 others like this.
  5. LesXL Jun 17, 2022

Nice watch with an even creamy patina, crosshair, and... Steel on steel is sexy :)
    Great seller too!
    GLWS

iamvr likes this.
  6. iamvr Jul 18, 2022

Can be sent from within the EU (Germany) from 29th July to 1st August if that may convince any hesitant EU-based members :). Shipping within the EU is on me.

7. iamvr Sep 19, 2022

I'm withdrawing it from here, as I sold it locally today. Thanks OF for the space.