Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster 2551.80 Mid Size 36mm Blue Wave Bond Auto - Legit?

1. C Master Jan 11, 2024

Thank you!

Question - How tight do you wear yours? I’m used to leather straps wear they fit snuggly and don’t move around. When I got this resized, the guy said it should be loose so it can move around but not spin. This felt uncomfortable to me so I had it done tighter.

I did some research but can’t find an consensus. Does it look overly tight to you or is it fine? It feels snug but not tight.

2. Annapolis Jan 11, 2024

Definitely not a consensus issue---different strokes for different folks. It looks to me like you've got it well sorted.

I read somewhere (probably several somewheres) that a bracelet watch should be just loose enough that you can slip your index finger between the clasp and the bottom of your wrist. That should mean the watch isn't so tight that it leaves a mark on your wrist when you remove it, but also not so loose that it flops around when you move. I tend to follow that guidance. It's worth mentioning that over the course of a given day--especially if you go through temperature changes/indoors/outdoors--your wrist will swell and contract, and the difference can be uncomfortably noticeable if you wear the bracelet too tight. This is why some people really want micro-adjustable bracelets, like you get on the newest Seamaster divers. I'd argue that if you size it right to start (see above), you should be fine all day every day.

But some people want their watches looser. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd wears his Rolexes so loose they sit on his forearm. I have a very heavy precious metal Omega that I tend to wear on the looser side because the weight is so well balanced (between the case and bracelet/clasp) that it barely moves, so I just find it more comfortable that way. But with my Seamaster diver, I've got it tuned just-so: no wobble, no skin-marking.

Over time, you'll find that the bracelet does loosen up a bit as the springbars/pins start to bend a little---that's normal. The watch is conforming to your wrist, you could say.

C Master likes this.
  3. C Master Jan 11, 2024

Again, thank you for your insightful response.

I'm at the level now where it feels firm but it does leave a mark. It doesn't feel too tight though. I may try and have a half link put back in to see if that's the sweet spot... will see how it goes.

Thanks so much.

Annapolis likes this.
  4. DenisChalandier Jan 11, 2024

Nice, enjoy it.

Too loose a watch will hit mostly everything all day long too. And the scratches to go with it.

5. LesXL Jan 11, 2024

Congratulations! Looks very nice...

Also a small wrist man here. I have both the mid size SM and the regular SM Chronograph. Great wears! IMG_20200325_142009.jpg image.jpg image.jpg PXL_20230511_092012372.MP.jpg

6. jspdl May 22, 2024