Omega Seamaster 2551.80 Mid Size 36mm Blue Wave Bond Auto - Legit?

Thanks again. Not sure if you saw my edit but what would you guess a good service and pressure test would cost on one of these? Im wondering if ebay plus service cost is less than SWE...

For a co-axial watch, you want to go with an official Omega/Swatch service, and that'll cost $700 US. The watch will likely be out of your hands for two months.

If it's an older, non-co-axial watch, you can probably just go with a reputable local watchmaker (if you have one). Ideally someone with an Omega parts account---if you ask around you should be able to find one (depending on what "local" means in your case). Can't say for sure, but I'm betting it'll be half the cost of official service. If you have a local Omega AD, they may have an in-house watchmaker that'll take care of this for you. Mine does: I just had my SMP checked and pressure-tested a few weeks ago---it didn't need any overhaul, just a new gasket, and the whole thing cost me around $75.

For a co-axial watch, you want to go with an official Omega/Swatch service, and that'll cost $700 US. The watch will likely be out of your hands for two months.

If it's an older, non-co-axial watch, you can probably just go with a reputable local watchmaker (if you have one). Ideally someone with an Omega parts account---if you ask around you should be able to find one (depending on what "local" means in your case). Can't say for sure, but I'm betting it'll be half the cost of official service. If you have a local Omega AD, they may have an in-house watchmaker that'll take care of this for you. Mine does: I just had my SMP checked and pressure-tested a few weeks ago---it didn't need any overhaul, just a new gasket, and the whole thing cost me around $75.
In that case, I may wait for an ebay deal to show up.. Seems you get better value through that route. And I’ve purchased all my vintage watches from ebay so I’m comfortable with vetting extensively etc.

Thanks again for your help.

Both look fine—the first one seems to have a ding on the case. The second looks to have been recently serviced but not pressure tested like the other one you shared-?

I’d confirm bracelet links/wrist size for each. Never fun to have a surprise in that department.

And fwiw, I’d go in lower—$2200—and see what they come back with. By all accounts the luxury watch market is slowing down considerably. You might get a better deal than you expect.

Both look fine—the first one seems to have a ding on the case. The second looks to have been recently serviced but not pressure tested like the other one you shared-?

I’d confirm bracelet links/wrist size for each. Never fun to have a surprise in that department.

And fwiw, I’d go in lower—$2200—and see what they come back with. By all accounts the luxury watch market is slowing down considerably. You might get a better deal than you expect.

Are you referring to the third to last photo on the side shot of the case? I see that too... I also messaged the seller of the second regarding the ding on the band just above the face.

Overall, I think the second is a bit nicer, but maybe it is just lighting... Any sense which one is better?

Also thanks - I'll lob in some lower offers. Perhaps something that starts with a 1...

Are you referring to the third to last photo on the side shot of the case? I see that too... I also messaged the seller of the second regarding the ding on the band just above the face.

Overall, I think the second is a bit nicer, but maybe it is just lighting... Any sense which one is better?

Also thanks - I'll lob in some lower offers. Perhaps something that starts with a 1...

The second does seem nicer, though the bracelet might be a little more beat up. As you say, it’s hard to be sure with the lighting.

They may turn you down if you lowball too much, but you can always go back with a higher offer.

The second does seem nicer, though the bracelet might be a little more beat up. As you say, it’s hard to be sure with the lighting.

They may turn you down if you lowball too much, but you can always go back with a higher offer.
Alright cool, thank you. Im still blown away by how well the 41mm wears on my 6.75-7in wrist. I have a 40.5mm dress watch that always feels big.

Here are the additional photos of the bracelet. Other than the big mark, it doesn’t seem too bad. Any thoughts?

IMG_4947.png IMG_4948.png IMG_4949.png IMG_4950.png

It looks like an honest watch—one someone has worn without babying it. For a daily-wear “tool” watch, that’s what I like to see. If you’re looking for a museum specimen, look elsewhere. If you ever send it in to Omega for an official service, they can also get it looking fresh again if you want them to.

It looks like an honest watch—one someone has worn without babying it. For a daily-wear “tool” watch, that’s what I like to see. If you’re looking for a museum specimen, look elsewhere. If you ever send it in to Omega for an official service, they can also get it looking fresh again if you want them to.
Right that’s my estimation too. Dont think it’s worth the BIN. I offered 2,025 but it was instantly denied. I’m not sure it’s worth much more when you add in tax in shipping…

Seller must have an auto-decline set on BIN below a certain threshold.

I’d keep looking.

AIS (Aamir) is a top-tier trusted seller here and on the Rolex Forum and elsewhere. A recently serviced (2022) watch in great shape from a well established seller. You’re not going to do better than that. That’s a hard yes from me.

AIS (Aamir) is a top-tier trusted seller here and on the Rolex Forum and elsewhere. A recently serviced (2022) watch in great shape from a well established seller. You’re not going to do better than that. That’s a hard yes from me.
For you, would these factors justify the inflated price?

For you, would these factors justify the inflated price?

in that condition with a recent service? Absolutely. The trust factor alone is worth a couple hundred to me. Aamir isn’t going to risk his well earned reputation on a piece that (for him, as a dealer in $130,000 Pateks) is very small potatoes.

No reason you cant see if he’ll negotiate a bit, but that’s as good an example as you’ll find. I wouldnt lowball him. Maybe see if he’ll do $2700 out the door—? Doubt he’s got a huge margin here.

in that condition with a recent service? Absolutely. The trust factor alone is worth a couple hundred to me. Aamir isn’t going to risk his well earned reputation on a piece that (for him, as a dealer in $130,000 Pateks) is very small potatoes.

No reason you cant see if he’ll negotiate a bit, but that’s as good an example as you’ll find. I wouldnt lowball him. Maybe see if he’ll do $2700 out the door—? Doubt he’s got a huge margin here.

I decided to do exactly that. Just made a deal $2,700 shipped.

Very excited for this. Thanks so much for all your help. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

I will send photos once I receive it.

@Annapolis Made it and got the bracelet resized to fit snuggly on my wrist!

Really happy with it. Thanks again for all your help and thank you to everyone else in this thread. The 41mm fits exactly as I imagined the 36mm fitting so I’m beyond thankful for all of you for bringing to my attention.

IMG_4955.jpeg

@Annapolis Made it and got the bracelet resized to fit snuggly on my wrist!

Really happy with it. Thanks again for all your help and thank you to everyone else in this thread. The 41mm fits exactly as I imagined the 36mm fitting so I’m beyond thankful for all of you for bringing to my attention.

IMG_4955.jpeg

Looks like a perfect fit—wear it in good health!