Omega Seamaster 166.037 for consideration

Hi all,

I've run across this 1967 Omega Seamaster for $750. It's described as: "watch is very neat, no major scratches, dings, dents. Dial is clean with no prominent signs of aging. Movement cal 565 working perfectly fine and keeping accurate time with no malfunction."

What do you think?
-Steelthumbs

Nice .. plexi a bit high on the watch .. cal 565 is durable and easy to maintain .. cost in the high bracket ..

Nice .. plexi a bit high on the watch .. cal 565 is durable and easy to maintain .. cost in the high bracket ..
Do you think the plexi has been replaced? You said it was high. What would be an acceptable price for this? (range)

I believe it's just me .. I like the Xtal to sit as low as possible on my watches .. especially my vintage watches .. it is sometimes difficult to find though ..! in your case, I had the feeling it was sitting high .. but it's just a feeling ! a replacement Xtal should be between 25 and 50.€

I believe it's just me .. I like the Xtal to sit as low as possible on my watches .. especially my vintage watches .. it is sometimes difficult to find though ..! in your case, I had the feeling it was sitting high .. but it's just a feeling ! a replacement Xtal should be between 25 and 50.€
So your mention about it being "cost in the high bracket" referred to replacing the plexiglass? Or, the cost of the watch?

The cost of the watch is IMHO in the high bracket ...

I mention in the high bracket .. meaning if the watch is nice and if you like it, why not pay the amount mentioned .. but I believe one can find similar watches for a range of 500 to 650.USD .. a bit of research and time though ..

I mention in the high bracket .. meaning if the watch is nice and if you like it, why not pay the amount mentioned .. but I believe one can find similar watches for a range of 500 to 650.USD .. a bit of research and time though ..
Thanks!

If you're interested in water resistance, you might want to get a pressure test first. I've had a few of these, and whilst not a watchmaker, the sealing surface looks a bit rough and you might not be able to get a good seal.

Dial lume pips are messy and could have been redone

Armor ring on the crystal is almost grazing the dial furniture

If the crystal is original, It will have a tiny Omega symbol engraved directly in the center, above where the hands attach. It’s nearly impossible to see in photos, but judging from how tall the crystal is, I would suspect it is replaced. Others familiar with this reference may respond with more certainty.

I also have a 1967 Seamaster (ref.168.024) with a cal 564 (nearly identical to 565), and my case back has the hippocampus in relief on the case back, and in much greater detail, as opposed the the shallow engraving of yours. That could be model dependent though. Interesting how thick the case seems to look from the side, it’s probably just the design though. Here are some photos to compare:
I don’t suspect a fake or anything, just my thoughts. The quality of the dial and the movement look good, these are just a couple things that stick out to me. Hope this helps.