Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 145.006-66 "Radial" Amazing Condition

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 6, 2020

For sale is my beautiful radial Seamaster Chronograph powered by the legendary calibre 321. I bought this watch in May from @kov ... his sales ad can be seen here.

I have enjoyed wearing it a handful of times, it is a truly stunning piece in top top condition, and in all likelihood I will regret letting it go (my loss is your gain). The reason I let it go is because I found another, albeit with a different dial variant, in 7.5/10 condition (whereas this I would rate 9/10 ... 10/10 being truly NOS)...right now I can not justify redundancy in the collection and I think I prefer the other dial (but I do prefer this condition ::rant:... decisions are tough sometimes).

IMG_4465.jpg

It is still in exactly the same condition as I received it. Maybe some more lint. As such, everything from Alexis' sales ad (which I will reiterate here) is valid, and I have permission to use Alexis' stunning pictures (I apologise for being lazy). I have added some of my own pictures near the end so that you may verify that.

Lets begin.

IMG_4448.jpg IMG_4450.jpg

One does not see many of these with such perfect hands that are not damaged (paint chips etc) near the stems.

IMG_4451.jpg IMG_4452.jpg

The dial is undamage and clean as they come. The tritium is intact and very clean and a pleasing color. The hands present a beautiful patina one can expect on this vintage. The vintage Ω Logo clearly visible on the crystal.

IMG_4445.jpg IMG_4447.jpg IMG_4444.jpg IMG_4446.jpg

The case in my humble opinion is unpolished with all factory finishes and surfaces intact. There are some micro-swirls and a few hairline scratches, but overall its absolutely mint and just killer on the wrist.

IMG_4454.jpg IMG_4453.jpg IMG_4457.jpg

The caseback, like the case, is also in perfect vintage condition (for a 50 year old watch) and exhibits the same micro scratches as the case and is in coherent condition to the case.

IMG_4466.jpg IMG_4467.jpg IMG_4468.jpg IMG_4469.jpg

The hard to source 1116 (11) bracelet with unobtainium 548 end-links too is in perfect condition and is good up to a 19,5cm wrist.

According to the Extract from Omega Archives the watch was produced on 1 August 1968 and delivered to Switzerland. Which is odd, as that is National Swiss Day ...

IMG_4456.jpg

The movement is like new. If you have ever wound a time-capsule cal 321 movement (I currently have 3 in my collection) or a new 321, you will know the sound it makes and the feeling when compared to one that was wound and ground for the whole 50 years ... this one is like that.

It was freshly serviced by Romain from www.atelier-h13.ch and is good for a while. The 12 months of mechanical warranty will be transferred to the buyer. Please note that it's a vintage watch and its water resistance was not tested and is not guaranteed. The reason for this is the wish to preserve the original pushers and crown. The buyer has to be aware of that and wear the watch with that in mind.

Accessories in the set :

- Special period correct Ω presentation box in a great conservation condition
    - Warranty booklet from 9.1968, the last pages were already missing when I bought the watch. Doesn't add any value but I leave it in the set as it matches the production date
    - Original Omega (modern) storage pouch with an insert
    - Extract from the Omega Archives

IMG_4478.jpg IMG_4459.jpg IMG_649938AE5FA0-1.jpeg

IMG_4471.jpg IMG_4472.jpg IMG_4473.jpg IMG_4474.jpg IMG_4479.jpg IMG_4477.jpg IMG_4475.jpg IMG_4476.jpg

And here are my pictures to illustrate that it is still as received in the handful of times I have worn it over the last 1.5 months.

IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5168.jpg
    IMG_5169.jpg
    IMG_5170.jpg
    IMG_5171.jpg
    IMG_5172.jpg
    IMG_5173.jpg
    IMG_5174.jpg

To summarize:

- All original cal.321 "Radial" Seamaster on the 1116/548 bracelet in perfect / mint condition
    - Fresh from service / mechanical guarantee
    - Special period correct Ω presentation box
    - Extract from the Omega Archives
    - condition condition condition

A stunning set.

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 5000 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my bank (Transferwise) account. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to request any further angles etc.

My price includes shipping within Switzerland. International shipping and insurance at buyers expense..

Click here for references on OF.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms of the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

PS: a gratuitous wrist shot

IMG_4438.jpg

Edited Aug 22, 2020
    adam78, Tritium, Risto and 34 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 11, 2020

Some nibbles but no bites. Bump.

7AA417BA-C7D2-40BC-94A1-A4A23498D548.jpeg

3. Frederic_gva Aug 11, 2020

condition, condition, condition.... :thumbsup:

4. jhross98 Aug 11, 2020

absolutely spectacular example. . .can't wait to see what is replacing this. if you can't afford a radial dial speedy. . this is the next best thing at 1/50th the price

kov, eugeneandresson and CJpickup57 like this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 11, 2020

stunning watch! GLWYS!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 22, 2020

More nibbles no bites bump. Slightly changed the terms (I don’t believe they will be changed again). If one works value backwards from the set + service to just the head only (which is what one finds 99% of the time) my math puts it at about 3k (what does a cal 321 movement cost these days?). You will be hard-pressed to find one of these at that price, in poor condition, let alone in this condition :thumbsup:

7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Sep 4, 2020

Bump (up the jam, bump it up...)

sonicosa likes this.
  8. jhross98 Sep 4, 2020

cannot believe this is here. if you can do better than this watch for this price i have no idea how

kov, Faz and eugeneandresson like this.
  9. Faz Sep 4, 2020

Too bad I'm out of the vintage game i.e, poor, because I would certainly have sleepless nights scheming to get this beauty. And why in the hell is it still available?

eugeneandresson likes this.