Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Seamaster 135.011 Black Technic Dial, cal 601

1. Davidt Jun 27, 2020

Offering up my Seamaster 600 Technic after I recently acquired an Explorer.

These 'technic' dialed Seamasters are not that easy to find and this one has a great look with the black dial, red crosshair and orange lume combining to create a really attractive example.

Details:

Dial - factory original black dial, not refinished or restored. Red Omega logo and crosshair. Evenly coloured lume which glows faintly under UV. Dial is not perfect with light scratch at 11 and a couple of marks around the centre. These are not particularly visible when worn. I've included several pictures of the dial under various lighting conditions to highlight these. Correct steel hands with matching lume.

Case - 34mm stainless steel case ref 135.011, with Seamaster caseback. In good condition, with sharp edges and bevels. Has some surface scratches and the crown is an Omega service item.

Movement - Manual wind Omega cal. 601. Has been worn as part of my rotation since Feb this year and all functions work as they should. Service history however is unknown.

Strap - will come on black leather strap shown in pictures. For reference my wrist is 7.75".

Terms - £745 net to me via wire transfer.
    Reduced to £650

Watch is located in UK
    PayPal may be an option for established OF members. Buyer responsible for any fees associated with payment. Worldwide insured delivery included in price.

IMG_6089.JPG IMG_6033.JPG IMG_6077.JPG IMG_6116.JPG IMG_6059.JPG IMG_5931.JPG IMG_5934.JPG IMG_5937.JPG IMG_6072.JPG IMG_6082.JPG IMG_6083.JPG IMG_6008.JPG IMG_6010.JPG IMG_6004.JPG

Edited Jun 28, 2020
    VicM, raitosan, Hnansen and 10 others like this.
  2. Davidt Jun 28, 2020

Important Note:

I've been going through old forum posts this afternoon and noticed that this watch (same movement no) was listed for sale on eBay in Aug '19 (not by me). At that time it was pointed out that the midcase was incorrect and it appears to have been withdrawn from sale. Until today, I wasn't aware of this issue.

Sometime between Aug '19 and Feb '20 (when I bought it), the incorrect midcase was swapped out for the correct one it currently has.

It's important to me that my listings are completely honest and transparent so I've added this update.

I assume that the original midcase was damaged and an incorrect substitute was installed at some point in the watches past. Subsequently, a correct 135.011 midcase was reinstalled (prior to my ownership). I'm happy that the 135.011 case is correct for this watch (I've only ever seen the no date versions of these dials in ref 135.011 and 165.002, but the latter says 'automatic' on the dial).

In summary, I feel this watch is now in its correct configuration, but the case, although correct, is a replacement and is not the one it left the factory with.

In light of the above, price reduced to: £650.

Thanks