Forums Latest Members
  1. magicaxeman Aug 28, 2019

I picked this up recently after falling in love with it, it ticked all the right boxes for me but I have a couple of concerns, firstly I'm not sure if it has been redailed, there's a little dimple from what looks like a locating pin in the middle of the O in Omega and I was concerned about the colour of the day/date until I saw another exactly the same online.

The seller advertised it as a 1022 movement when its in fact a 1020, and claimed it had recently been professionally polished and serviced, I don't yet have the skill's to verify or refute his claims bit the watch is running fast at present, if its been serviced then alls well, if not i'll get it serviced rather than tinker with it (I'll stick to my cheap practise watches)

I've added some photo's for your consideration... Ian DSC01601.jpg
    DSC01603.jpg
    DSC01606.jpg

Flat
    flat.jpg

Crown up
    crown up.jpg

Angled as if checking the time
    Angled as if on wrist & checking time.jpg

2. KingCrouchy Aug 28, 2019

Never a Watch with such an Amplitude and Precision was serviced properly, and the movement is really dirty. Seller is BS you.

apsm100 likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 28, 2019

Case back marked "PLAQUE OR G 20 MICRONS", is from a gold-plated watch.

Watch has issues on several fronts, return it if you can.

4. magicaxeman Aug 28, 2019

any chance you could expend upon the other issues please X350XJR? If i'm going to go back to the seller I'd like to go fully armed, but from what you said about the back it sounds like it could be a bit of a frankenstein watch

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 28, 2019

Never seen this particular dial in a round case, most typically seen in reference 166.0215. I'm also highly suspect of the gold day/date disks with a white/silver dial and a serviced watch would not be performing as this one is. And as you note it was advertised as a caliber 1022, which is a 23-jewel movement.

I think these issues are more than enough to support a return.

The watch is a conglomeration of mismatched parts.

chronos likes this.
  6. magicaxeman Aug 28, 2019

The face seems identical to the 0215, the movement and case seem to be from the 0209 with the back from GP model, Ill try contacting the seller, good job it was relatively cheap

7. magicaxeman Sep 18, 2019

A return wasn't possible as I'd had the watch for over 1 month, so I decided to keep it and am currently sourcing original parts to return it to how it should be. (166.0209)

I've regulated the watch and its running as sweet as a nut now t +-1 sec a day, 0.00 m/s beat error and with an amplitude of 281 deg, good enough until I can get it serviced.

Obviously things like the correct dial, correct back and day/date markers need to be sourced but I'm stumped on one thing, which case clamps and screws where used on this model?