Omega Rare Face Color Vintage Seamaster Deville-Auto

Hello, I am just wanting to know about this watch. It can be opened from the front have read and serviced but that has not happened yet. What I see is the face color which I have not seen anywhere else, a taupe color, which is a beautiful contract to the gold in the watch, very harmonious and rich to my eye that screams collectible.

I would love to pay an Omega watch tech to open it gets it's manufacture details get it serviced and sell it. Point is it worth the $185 to do this because it does have some value or am I just wishful.

You can find through internet searches like models but not the exact same anywhere from $800 to $2,500 for reasons I cannot discern without an education on it?

Thanks again for the expertise, was my Uncle's btw, it's not a watch for me, Richard
Edited:

Grey dials with white text are around but uncommon, the issue with most is the condition tends to be bad and they’re not really that popular.

Here’s a steel one from a couple of years ago: https://omegaforums.net/threads/196...0-tropical-gray-dial-ss-case-serviced.106107/
Thank you I updated the photo's in sunlight, it's really rich no grey it's a taupe color with the gold it's pretty to me, thanks for the reply and the comparison but this is gold, R

Different hour markers but I have a grey dial DeVille.

EA436F7C-2005-40AB-9BB7-092761B7CC84.jpeg

Condition has a huge impact on price.

I cannot see a grey so I edited the post, it's a taupe color, with the gold spectacular, and agree from what I have seen to get it cleaned up inside and out with a new crystal would be the plan but again is this a $400 watch or 2,000?

And your watch is in great condition without doubt a beauty!

Thank you I updated the photo's in sunlight, it's really rich no grey it's a taupe color with the gold it's pretty to me, thanks for the reply and the comparison but this is gold, R
From the discoloration you can tell it was originally grey and has faded as well as been exposed to moisture but it would have been grey originally.

Now, this much cleaner DeVille is a vastly better watch for certain and an excellent example.

You’re going to need to post much better pictures to get an idea of value. From the pictures you’ve posted this far it’s hard to judge the colour and condition looks poor.

Try again by a window or outside with lots of natural light.

From those pictures the dial looks to have a lot of spotting and the case seems to have significant wear to the gold plate so value will be low

You’re going to need to post much better pictures to get an idea of value. From the pictures you’ve posted this far it’s hard to judge the colour and condition looks poor.

Try again by a window or outside with lots of natural light.

From those pictures the dial looks to have a lot of spotting and the case seems to have significant wear to the gold plate so value will be low
I have not had it cleaned or any restoration to date but that may problematic in itself, your watch without more gold is really not the same looks to be younger also by decades perhaps, again beautiful watch in it's own right sure

The two watches are within a couple of years of each other. They were only made in this reference for about 8 years.

Mines late 60’s. Yours is similar.

H
The two watches are within a couple of years of each other. They were only made in this reference for about 8 years.

Mines late 60’s. Yours is similar.
How much is it worth 1,000's?

H

How much is it worth 1,000's?

Mine? A normal silver dial DeVille in very good condition is around £700-1000 with bracelet. Id estimate add around 50% for an uncommon dial colour.

At the other end of the scale, head only in poor condition is probably around £250

Different does not always translate to more valuable or desirable.

In the case of OPs watch I would say both are true.

Unfortunately, the watch will not have a high value because of the condition of the dial. Definitely below $500. Better photos would be needed to judge more accurately.

Unfortunately, the watch will not have a high value because of the condition of the dial. Definitely below $500. Better photos would be needed to judge more accurately.

That was my question would tearing it apart solve this issue, my guess is this action would just be minimal as it cannot be cleaned that well but I have no experience in restoration?

More often than not, attempting to clean a dial just makes it worse.

Was that your question? I went back and re-read the thread and couldn't figure out exactly what you were asking. My apologies.

I only found that you asked about getting the details of the watch and having it serviced. And you seemed very happy with the dial, repeatedly saying how beautiful it was, so I didn't suspect that you wanted to change it.

If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask.

That was it, sure no apologies, I do like the color but I am also trying to sell it for something but the question was would opening it up cleaning the movements, face and such and the arms face be worth it to sell for a higher price let's say, to my knowledge it has not been opened before at least not in my possession, R

That was it, sure no apologies, I do like the color but I am also trying to sell it for something but the question was would opening it up cleaning the movements, face and such and the arms face be worth it to sell for a higher price let's say, to my knowledge it has not been opened before at least not in my possession, R
Cleaning the dial is unlikely to make it better, I’d just leave it as is and let it ride no reserve on ebay or something