Omega Pocket Watch Identification

First post so apologies upfront for leaving out anything typically required.

I've received an Omega pocket watch from my grandfather which was given to him by his father. It is inscribed with my great grandmother's initials and the date (1946) it was given to my great grandfather upon his retirement. I think the watch was purchased from a jeweller in Pretoria, South Africa and I have the original jeweller's box.

I'm not sure about the service history but the watch is working beautifully after a brief wind. I have not placed it on a timegrapher yet.

I have not given it to a watchmaker to open so can unfortunately not supply photos of the movement. Ideally I don't want to take the risk of it being damaged.

I'd appreciate the forum's feedback with any additional information on the pocket watch such as rarity, materials and quality. Thanks in advance. IMG-6750.jpg IMG-6751.jpg IMG-6772.jpg IMG-6773.jpg F99FF540-C71B-4BF5-AD57-2FE7370973B6.JPG

With not much to work on, I have a suspicion that the movement in your Omega is approximately 12-size (1.4” diameter), either 15 or 17 jewels, the case might be of an alloy that Omega called “Staybrite”. The rose gold coloured dial was popular during the 1940s. Looks to be in good shape. I suggest that you don’t plan on running it a lot until you have it checked out by an actual watch repair person. NOT the jewellery repair counter at your local big box store. If we have an idea of your location, we might be able to recommend someone.

Difficult to identify with only those pictures. Having it open will give you some more info : approximate date of production, caliber type and reference (which could be engraved inside the caseback).