Forums Latest Members

Omega PO Movement Scraping Noise

1. Impgreene Mar 6, 2020

I wonder if anyone can help?

I had my PO serviced by an OB, and there now appears to be a scraping noise (like metal-on-metal) when the mechanism moves as it is self winding.

It's an old watch (c. 2008), and I took it to a different OB, but they seemed to think it sounded relatively normal - that said, I don't have it on my new Omega AT (albeit an updated movement from the PO) nor on my IWC (similar age to the PO), and I don't remember it on the PO from before.

I've couldn't attached a video, as the MP4 extensions aren't supported on the OF, but I wonder if anyone can help me by giving a view on whether such noises are normal with older watches (as the second OB seemed to think).

What makes me think the OBs may be wrong, and the original service poor, is that I've already had to send it back once because they didn't rectify an issue I pointed out with the clasp (so I don't think they were overly diligent!).

If it isn't it is still under the Omega service warranty though, so I will just send it back to them!

Thanks for your help.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2020

I'm assuming this has a 2500 inside? If so, it could be a worn rotor bearing, allowing the rotor to scrape on the movement or case back...

3. Impgreene Mar 6, 2020

Hi Archer - yes, it's a 2500 - perhaps easiest just to take it to Omega and have them take it in for yet another (re)service!