Forums Latest Members

Omega Nato's Rant - Why Buy Them?

1. rob#1 Jun 11, 2021

Omega bars are good, but not infallible. Just this morning I swapped straps and one bar went boing! Found the spring, but I’m not going to bother locating the tip :confused:

These bars were from the Speedy big box. I guess I’ll head to the OB when I get a chance to procure some replacements...

97254AF2-09FF-4DFB-9308-755AEB5A77F7.jpeg

2. Alllexandru Jun 12, 2021

I like Omega Nato, the only nato I found which looks and feel great
    Yes the small details make the difference, omega logo etc

IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2621.JPG

stevec14 likes this.
  3. FFabian Jun 12, 2021

I really like the Omega Natos. Bought two. Then I „discovered“ the Over-Under style of wearing a Nato strap as my favorite. Unfortunately Omegas OEM Natos are not suited for this style because the tail (loop) is parallel to the clasp if you fold it backwards making it very uncomfortable/impractical.

4. Premaster Jun 12, 2021

Crown & buckle (supreme range) have an extremely (!!!) good price value ratio. Quality could be on the level of the ones from Omega, just without branded hardware. Love the satin finish option that matches the finish of my Globemaster.

5. eldiano84 Jun 12, 2021

Those 2 dollar spring bars will last me on average 5 years, I’d say that’s a pretty good investment to be honest!!

I like the polyester nato straps over the nylon ones, polyester makes the watch feel completely lightweight while the other one is too thick and does make the watch pop up too much I think.

6. jmnav Jun 13, 2021

7. imranbecks Jun 17, 2021

Because...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm assuming a majority of those who despise the Omega nato straps because of their price have never tested it out or handled it in person. And until you've handled the Omega nato strap in the flesh, you won't know how they truly feel. No doubt they are expensive, but hey, which Omega accessory isn't? I can say the strap is unlike other nato straps I've used before this. As for the ones from Phenomenato, heard a lot about them and maybe they are as good as the Omega ones are, but why settle for less for your Omega watch when you can use an Omega nato strap? But that's probably just me ;)

Cheers!

A link to the Omega vs Phenomenato straps: https://omegaforums.net/threads/rev...ato-strap-vs-phenomenato-strap-spectre.59456/

Edited Jun 17, 2021
    gpstar likes this.