Omega Moonphase water damage

How did water get in it I have the same watch and am always scared to get it wet even with its rating.

I received a quote for the repair of this watch from
How did water get in it I have the same watch and am always scared to get it wet even with its rating.
I was caught in a downpour and I didnt pay any attention to the watch. I went to take it off that night and the crystal was white with condensation. It must have been in that state for at least eight hours. I unwound the crown and tried to dry it out but I was on vacation, so it wasnt seen professionally until last week.

It is on its way to Switzerland.

It’s going to be a pretty penny and take time. Just send it in and see what they say you could just say no get it back and sell it for parts
No I have been told it will be the cost of a standard service plus a new dial. I will receive all the replaced parts, including the dial. I think I got extremely lucky on this as it was due for a service being that it is five years old. Might just stick to dive watches from now on, this sort of thing only happened to me once before, but it was a Swatch not a $$$$ Omega.

My bet is on the crystal seating. One bigger bump on something ( like a timber door frame aso...) does not leave a scratch, but hit with the crystal can compromise the crystal seal ....

Well the watch was returned to me today. It was actually forwarded to Switzerland via the service centre. They had it for a few months and what I received back is mind blowing. I will upload photos later on this evening. In the end I did have to pay for a standard service and a dial. I also opted for a new bracelet to be fitted and sized. I have never seen a bigger bag of replaced parts in my life.

Where's the photos?

What was the total cost to bring it back to spec? And getting all this work done in less than two months is impressive on Omega's part.
Edited:

What was the total cost to bring it back to spec? And getting all this work done in less than two months is impressive on Omega's part.
Yes, plus the communication from Omega was great. They even sized the bracelet for me before they shipped the completed watch

The watch looks great! Next time you're caught in the rain, take the watch off and put it in your pocket 😉

That looks like a great result, fast turnaround, and I can't say that the price is unreasonable given the amount of work performed and that both the dial and bracelet were replaced. I'm sure that you're glad to have it back.

Thats great, Almost a new watch with the amount of parts they changed out. And given they put a new bracelet is impressive for they price. I bought that bracelet a few months ago from omega and it was around 900 alone. Do you happen to have a breakdown of the pricing. I have the same watch so it would be good to know for the future because i wear this watch everyday rain or shine. you would think a 9,000 dollar watch could get caught in the rain lol

Restored, I will upload some more pics shortly
Did they give you any idea where the water damage occurred? My first thought would have been one of the pushers. I am picking this exact watch up in December when back in the USA and want to be sure I don't have a similar result.

$1900 seems like a very reasonable fix considering the damage. Congrats on the repaired watch.

Did they give you any idea where the water damage occurred? My first thought would have been one of the pushers. I am picking this exact watch up in December when back in the USA and want to be sure I don't have a similar result.

$1900 seems like a very reasonable fix considering the damage. Congrats on the repaired watch.
Not sure tbh but they did replace the sapphire even though there was nothing wrong with it, no chips or cracks. The fact that it was whisked to Switzerland was interesting too. In the end it was all blended into the standard service.

I wouldnt worry, I seem to be the only owner of a moonphase who experienced this issue/failure.

You almost have enough parts to make a second watch!

I wonder how many dump such parts collection on online auctions. Some of the parts I got recently certainly have seen better days.

Anyway congratulations. And the repair times and charges seem most reasonable. I already have green eyes otherwise my eyes would be green with envy.