Omega Moonphase water damage

Saw this from Omega. Not sure what the water resistance is for this model and when it was last serviced? Be curious to know what they say too....
100 m WR....very hard to fathom that a modern watch like this would succumb to a downpour. An expensive shame.

Cant believe thats the same watch. Amazing work.
I did have to replace the barrel bridge and winding mechinisim. New spring of course.

The Heuer is being more problematic. Hairspring work is not for the feint of heart. I have more practice watches to do first.

I wore my Speedmaster in down pouring rain for almost 2 hours recently trusting in the 50m water resistance. 😬 Guess I'm living dangerously.

This watch is supposed to be 100m water resistant, it's written on the caseback.

What I don't get is even with bad seals, I am appaled at the damage it's gotten from even a big downpour. 👎

I'm really looking forward to know the answer from Omega.

Looks more like it went through a washing machine.

Or maybe ultrasonic cleaner + bad seals? lol

But yes, Omega can fix it. No idea how much it'll cost you.

Your title says "Took a dunking" but you also say it was just you were stuck in the rain?

DIA 304 MET I MET LUM 44.25 9904 BLUE 064WKZ005194 $1,100
DISC MINERAL GLASS MOONPHASE BLACK 064TNZ005382 $1'184.00 (its crazy the little moon disc is more than the dial)
67WZ000433 | KIT HANDS SPEEDMASTER $121.00
Plus any of the other parts that are damaged from water ingress, and the standard service charge.
Modern Omega movement parts can be expensive. A balance complete for this watch is $918.

The 9300 and family chronographs are Omega service only. Even watchmakers with Omega training and parts accounts can not get parts or tools for those movements, at least not yet.

I spoke to Omega. The repair will be covered in a standard service. I will have to pay for a new dial. The hands are replaced as a part of the service. The watch is six years old so it was due for a service probably anyway. So in the end I am just up for the dial as I would have had to pay for a service anyway.

Your title says "Took a dunking" but you also say it was just you were stuck in the rain?

DIA 304 MET I MET LUM 44.25 9904 BLUE 064WKZ005194 $1,100
DISC MINERAL GLASS MOONPHASE BLACK 064TNZ005382 $1'184.00 (its crazy the little moon disc is more than the dial)
67WZ000433 | KIT HANDS SPEEDMASTER $121.00
Plus any of the other parts that are damaged from water ingress, and the standard service charge.
Modern Omega movement parts can be expensive. A balance complete for this watch is $918.

The 9300 and family chronographs are Omega service only. Even watchmakers with Omega training and parts accounts can not get parts or tools for those movements, at least not yet.
Luckily the moon disk is fine, apparently there was no damage done to it at all.

TMP;DR
I spoke to Omega. The repair will be covered in a standard service. I will have to pay for a new dial. The hands are replaced as a part of the service. The watch is six years old so it was due for a service probably anyway. So in the end I am just up for the dial as I would have had to pay for a service anyway.
That sounds like a good outcome, did they already examine the watch inside out for you to get that answer or was it over the phone?

TMP;DR

That sounds like a good outcome, did they already examine the watch inside out for you to get that answer or was it over the phone?
Over the phone. The watch has to be sent to Switzerland, so it will be gone for 6-9 months.

Over the phone. The watch has to be sent to Switzerland, so it will be gone for 6-9 months.
Keeps us informed, curious to get an update if anything on top of the dial will surface when they have it in hand.

Keeps us informed, curious to get an update if anything on top of the dial will surface when they have it in hand.
Will do.

i mean, it looks like it was caught in the rain but from around Chernobyl.

If you look at Omega Work Instruction 31, it states that Omega authorized watchmakers can service these.

If you look at Omega Work Instruction 31, it states that Omega authorized watchmakers can service these.
I tried ordering the 9300 tool set and some parts and they called me and said I couldn’t order them. As of right now they do not offer 9300 training at the US service/training center in Secaucus. I do have the coaxial training and have been able to order tools and parts for those. It may be for the better, I’ve had one service request for a 9300. The tool set is $2000, so it would take a number of services for the tools to pay for themselves.

I tried ordering the 9300 tool set and some parts and they called me and said I couldn’t order them. As of right now they do not offer 9300 training at the US service/training center in Secaucus. I do have the coaxial training and have been able to order tools and parts for those. It may be for the better, I’ve had one service request for a 9300. The tool set is $2000, so it would take a number of services for the tools to pay for themselves.

I hear you on the pricing of tools. Considering I'm already swamped it makes zero business sense to buy expensive tools to service new movements, and only displace work that I am already fully equipped to do...

It’s going to be a pretty penny and take time. Just send it in and see what they say you could just say no get it back and sell it for parts