Omega Moonphase water damage

Hi, my Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonphase 304.33.44.52.03.001 had some water get inside it.

Do you think Omega would be able to service this under a standard service? Is it a write off?

Got any photo of the buckle?
I’d the buckle is fine, they can service this.

Got any photo of the buckle?
I’d the buckle is fine, they can service this.
I never used the original buckle and strap. Replaced it immediately to preserve it.

Yes, it can be serviced. But it won’t be cheap. Looks like the dial and hands are ruined, so will need to be replaced, which will be charged to you in addition to the service.

Yes, it can be serviced. But it won’t be cheap. Looks like the dial and hands are ruined, so will need to be replaced, which will be charged to you in addition to the service.
How much is a dial?

Send it to Omega for an estimate, until it is opened up and the water damage assessed no one here can give you an idea of what it will cost. The dial will not be the only thing that needs to be replaced. What's the backstory on the water ingress? Was it recent or did it happen a while ago and the watch sat for a period of time allowing the water to do its damage? Was it fresh water or salt water? Time is of the essence here, you need to get it opened up, dried out and evaluated by Omega. You are looking at a substantial bill to get it back to tip top condition, this is far beyond a standard service cost.

Send it to Omega for an estimate, until it is opened up and the water damage assessed no one here can give you an idea of what it will cost. The dial will not be the only thing that needs to be replaced. What's the backstory on the water ingress? Was it recent or did it happen a while ago and the watch sat for a period of time allowing the water to do its damage? Was it fresh water or salt water? Time is of the essence here, you need to get it opened up, dried out and evaluated by Omega. You are looking at a substantial bill to get it back to tip top condition, this is far beyond a standard service cost.
Ok, I am going to discuss the watch with Omega tomorrow. The watch fogged up after a downpour. The crystal was white it was quite bad. So first of all, glad I dont use the original leather as it costs a lot and would have been damaged also, I am sure.

Ok, I am going to discuss the watch with Omega tomorrow. The watch fogged up after a downpour. The crystal was white it was quite bad. So first of all, glad I dont use the original leather as it costs a lot and would have been damaged also, I am sure.
That's a lot of damage from getting exposed to a downpour, it should have easily passed that test. Good luck in getting it back in shape.

Waouh. Bad news for this beauty.
Good news is that you won a #1 prize: 49 pics in 1 post 😲👍👍😁

Got any more photos?

Im also quite surprised this happened in heavy rain. Obviously given the state of the dial it’s likely the movement will need some serious work but I would expect it can be saved. The costs will be well in excess of a standard service though.

If I have to guess, ball park $4500. Kinda pulled this out of thin air. I’m not entirely sure dial needs replacing, if all that yuck is just condensation and not fully submerged. Maybe you can get away with just a service, which is around $1000.

we are interested in what Omega has to say, please come back and update this thread.

good luck.

Not gonna be inexpensive to restore, but cheaper than a new one and I’ve seen some before and after photos of watches with severe damage that came back from Omega Service looking brand new.

2022-09-09 16:08:31 -0700.png
They are never really too far gone. Although I am still working on the above.
c6b5196f-2ca5-4b12-ab59-38925e7d918dlano_12305.jpg
This one cleaned right up and I use it as a bench timer. One of the lugs is shorter than the others. IMG_3761.png IMG_3760.png

As long as all the parts are there; chances are good the watch can be restored. Sometimes this becomes a labor of love. Even when they are a black hole of despair, and a veritable money pit.

2022-09-09 16:08:31 -0700.png
They are never really too far gone. Although I am still working on the above.
c6b5196f-2ca5-4b12-ab59-38925e7d918dlano_12305.jpg
This one cleaned right up and I use it as a bench timer. One of the lugs is shorter than the others. IMG_3761.png IMG_3760.png

As long as all the parts are there; chances are good the watch can be restored. Sometimes this becomes a labor of love. Even when they are a black hole of despair, and a veritable money pit.
Cant believe thats the same watch. Amazing work.

It seems like a lot of time would have passed from the original "fogging" to get the dial in its current corroded state. I'd be curious to know why there was such a delay from then to now.

Saw this from Omega. Not sure what the water resistance is for this model and when it was last serviced? Be curious to know what they say too....

Saw this from Omega. Not sure what the water resistance is for this model and when it was last serviced? Be curious to know what they say too....
This watch is supposed to be 100m water resistant, it's written on the caseback.

What I don't get is even with bad seals, I am appaled at the damage it's gotten from even a big downpour. 👎

I'm really looking forward to know the answer from Omega.