Forums Latest Members
  1. Hduck Oct 3, 2019

I've had a Speedmaster Racing 9300 for almost a year now. For the first few months it has been spot on with accuracy, occasionally gained a second or two. (I compare to radio controlled atomic clock each day).

I've noticed over the past few months that over a period of a couple days it has begun to run behind a couple seconds. This is after wearing it during the day and using the chronograph for aviation. I know the Metas certification is -0 and +4.

Has anyone else had the experience of the Metas Chronometers showing any time loss? Is it a nit pick issue?

I know I could send it in to Omega under warranty but I wonder if they think I'm nuts, or worse yet cause Maintenance Induced Issues (this is a real problem in the aviation world).

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 3, 2019

First, the 9300 is not a METAS caliber. The tolerance for average daily rate for the 9300 is from -1 to +6 seconds per day.

Second, no METAS calibers have a tolerance for average daily rate from 0 to +4 as you have noted. They vary, with the tightest being 0 to +5, with the loosest being 0 to +7.

To better understand how these tolerances can affect what you see daily on the wrist, have a look at this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/timing-tolerances-a-guide-to-understand-how-they-work.87293/

Cheers, Al

Hduck likes this.
  3. Hduck Oct 3, 2019

Thanks Al,

Sorry I misspoke. The watch is of course the 9900 which is Master certified. It does have a Metas card that came with it.

My concern was with the -0. Since I wasn't getting it I was thinking there might be an issue.

4. Hduck Oct 3, 2019

BTW, Thanks for the link. It is indeed very interesting.

Howard

5. Bimmerman77 Oct 3, 2019

I just posted something similar the other day and Archer posted a great response. Mine is the 8800 METAS and for a year was running half to full second fast a day. Then out of the blue It was running slow for two weeks. I let it run down, wound it back up and it’s back to fast again.

chickenman26 and Hduck like this.
  6. Hduck Oct 3, 2019

Yeah he has some pretty good insights, especially as a professional in the business. I didn't realize how the timing criteria were met till I read some of his stuff.

I'm relatively new to the forum so I wasn't aware of the stats or his expertise.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  7. Bimmerman77 Oct 3, 2019

Yea he’s the Jedi of watchmaking

hanky6 and Hduck like this.