Forums Latest Members
  1. Nono01 Aug 7, 2020

Hope you don't mind another Eye Candy thread, but It's after all an Omega forum :)

Bought this watch back in 2016 or so, was blown away that neo vintage 'CK2913' look (which later Omega reintroduced with three piece collection) and by modern tech specs of the movement. The watch basically had everything that I need (a dive bezel, and-mag properties and long PR) and lack everything that I don't need (like the date). Most of 2016 it was on 24/7, the relatively thick case was really good balanced on the wrist by massive and oversized buckle with micro adjusting.

But, the watch was shiny. Shiny a lot, and for some reason it kinda bothered me a bit. Now I don't mind a polished surface here and there, but lugs, ceramic bezel, polished hands, PCL's and very reflective crystal were not the tollish type of watch I'm accustomed to. Technically it was spot on: the PR was way above 60h, the accuracy was in Spring Drive territory and the quality of craftsmanship was really excellent.

I planned to keep it, but ultimately the watch caught up with bad karma, and off he's gone to a better home. But I did have a nice time with it behind the lens. Hope you like the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

imranbecks, Albe100, rob09 and 28 others like this.
  2. steelfish Aug 7, 2020

Fantastic pics those. Really show it off well. Odd how polarising PCLs are. I used to hate them myself, but now I’m drawn to them. Do you remember which specific reference that one is, please? Having never owned the 300MC I’m a bit confused over which one is which - there seem to be a few of them.

Scooterino36 likes this.
  3. dinexus Aug 7, 2020

Bangers. Having shot this watch before, I can attest how difficult it is to shoot head-on. Well done!

4. loniscup Aug 7, 2020

Playing with light perfectly!! Beautiful watch my friend :thumbsup:

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 7, 2020

Glad to see you don't go for the low- or no-salt peanuts :D

Great photos. The one with the green and yellow reflections makes my think of the sun rising -- would be a good setup for a Speedmaster photo.

Longbow likes this.
  6. Hamish02 Aug 7, 2020

Oooof. Makes me want one even more before they update it. Love this look. Great pics :thumbsup:

7. Jonathan40 Aug 7, 2020

Stunning pictures and thank you for taking the time and posting them. I’ve owned quite a few watches over the years including a Deepsea back in 2011 but this 300 i bought in 2016 is the most perfectly engineered watch I’ve ever owned, superlative movement and materials with a balance of weight and comfort rarely executed in a watch.

8. Scooterino36 Aug 7, 2020

To share my personal experience, I really loved the look of the PCLs on this model. In fact, I still do. But as an owner of this watch, I find it too "loud", making me less inclined to wear it casually. Having them brushed makes the watch more toolish, and easier to wear for my personal style.

9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 7, 2020

Outstanding photography :thumbsup:

10. wolfe44 Aug 8, 2020

I always liked the 300, especially on a nato. Nice shots. Why is it sitting in a bowl of peanuts?

11. keisuke_z Aug 8, 2020

Wow! Amazing photography!! Makes me really miss my SM300ti

12. Longbow Aug 8, 2020

That’s the one that caught my eye too. Fab!

13. Martin_J_N Aug 8, 2020

As a keen photographer these images are a delight to see, thank you.

14. Nono01 Aug 8, 2020

First of all Guys, thank you for your positive comments

I used to have Love/Hate relationship with PCL's. On one hand they really up the game for this watch, make it more luxurious, but on the other it felt almost too dressy in certain situations. The reference is 233.30.41.21.01.001

It really is, as I've said: polished lugs, polished center links, polished bezel, polished inner bezel ring, polished hands and curved sapphire glass (I don't know if it had AR coating, but if it did, it didn't work). So it's a horror to photograph right.

Low or no salt peanuts? Why would someone wanted to punish itself like that? :)
    Yeah, that 'sunset' photo, I had in mind to to a sunset reflection with green aurora borealis on the top (made with fluorescent green light). Didn't turned out just like I had in mind, but it's for a pass.

I also had in mind to brush the center links (as the Spectre version) but the more images I looked, the more it felt out of place. So I kept it original, but I sold the watch instead :D

Why not? :p

Scooterino36 likes this.
  15. Scooterino36 Aug 8, 2020

Yea I'd say brushing the center links has hurt the photography/visual appeal of the watch, but has improved the wearing experience. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but my alternative was to flip the watch.

16. llvhhui Aug 8, 2020

Sick photography!

17. Ricoandreas Aug 8, 2020

Amazing shots - making me want to dust off my SLR now..... I got the titianium 300MC on Tuesday, and so far the PCL aren’t bothering me at all. I was looking at where to get them brushed but four days in and I’m cold on the idea. I’ve got the tan leather and Bond Omega natos on the way, so looking forward to trying those out. Really pleased with my 300, though my Tudor isn’t thanking me!

Scooterino36 likes this.
  18. Scooterino36 Aug 8, 2020

I ended up watching some videos on it, and went the DIY route. Certainly isn't a perfect job but I'm happy with it.

19. rootbeer7 Aug 8, 2020

I’ve had mine since the end of last year. I love the size, the vintage references and on a nato looks so cool. I’m now toying with the idea of either buying the bracelet or an OEM leather and deployant to wear as a semi-dress watch. Does anyone else wear it on a strap for smarter wear?

20. M'Bob Aug 8, 2020

You don't know? That's what they eat, and if you don't feed them every few days, the amplitude of the balance wheel will drop to dangerous levels.