Omega HS

Posts
6
Likes
1
Hello, everyone, is have acquired a1943 Omega HS8. My understanding is that it should have a brass alloy short lug spring bar mid case. My watch has the Correct HS8 military markings but has the 6B long lug fixed bar duralumin case . Issue no 11138 on case back matches the last 3 digits138 stamped on underside of lug. I have beesn told that matching issue numbers mean that the case back and mid case have been together since leaving the Omega factory. Anyone know why I have a6B mid cas
 
Posts
8,292
Likes
19,578
Hello, everyone, is have acquired a1943 Omega HS8. My understanding is that it should have a brass alloy short lug spring bar mid case. My watch has the Correct HS8 military markings but has the 6B long lug fixed bar duralumin case . Issue no 11138 on case back matches the last 3 digits138 stamped on underside of lug. I have beesn told that matching issue numbers mean that the case back and mid case have been together since leaving the Omega factory. Anyone know why I have a6B mid cas
 
Posts
804
Likes
1,471
OP will get probably find more expertise on the Military Watch Resources forum, should he choose to join it. There are several long threads on HS↑8 cases (and fixed vs. spring bars). I'm not sure the forum members there have successfully reached a consensus, but my reading of those threads is that there are other extant examples like the OP's watch, and their existence suggests that at least some HS↑8 watches were duralumin with long lugs and fixed bars. Since the OP omitted a photo, I'll gratuitously add my own HS↑8, duralumin, short lugs, and spring bars: