Omega Geneve Ref. 2903: Redialed Tresor or Original?

Posts
62
Likes
34
Hi esteem members of the forum. Anyone know if this Geneve dial is an obvious redial of a Tresor series? Appreciate your comments.
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,457
Looks original to me too. These are nicer watches than the later 60’s Geneves and have different fonts etc.

Obviously this one isn’t great as it has some damage.
 
Posts
62
Likes
34
Looks original to me too. These are nicer watches than the later 60’s Geneves and have different fonts etc.

Obviously this one isn’t great as it has some damage.
What do you think about the price? They offer 800$, is it worth it?
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,457
I would say no. The dial condition has a huge impact on the value of a vintage watch. Of the dial was relatively unmarked that price would be fine but I wouldn’t pay it with that dial
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
I would say no. The dial condition has a huge impact on the value of a vintage watch. Of the dial was relatively unmarked that price would be fine but I wouldn’t pay it with that dial
Agreed, the highly visible scratches on the dial are a dealbreaker, I think this watch will be very hard to sell for more than a few hundred. TBH, $800 would be very high for a gold-plated watch even in good condition. You should be able to get a nice gold-capped example for that price.