Omega Geneve 1969

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing a vintage Omega watch, but its service history is unknown. As I'm new to the world of watches, I'd appreciate your opinions. Does the watch appear authentic overall? Also, what specific things should I look for when inspecting it before making the purchase?
img1.png img2.png img3.png img5.png img4.png img6.png img7.png img8.png

Looks nice - it will be the price that would be the deciding issue for me.

Most on OF are fans of the 552 movement and the dial, hands, case and crown look good.

Try eBay sold 😉

What would you say is reasonable price for it?

😀 I’m not poaching but what is the seller asking or is it an auction. If an auction, £350?

Anything over is because you really want it and your heart is ruling your head

😀 I’m not poaching but what is the seller asking or is it an auction. If an auction, £350?

Anything over is because you really want it and your heart is ruling your head
That’s fair imo for UK, in the US it’d be maybe 20% less or so. Cal 552s are good watches though so if you like the look of them and want to pay a bit more, it’s probably worth it, the only downside to these is that they don’t look as cool or elaborately finished as others in terms of case and dial design.

Looks like a decent original example but bear in mind the Geneves from this period were entry level watches and so not command the prices of Seamasters or Constellations.

but bear in mind the Geneves from this period were entry level watches and so not command the prices of Seamasters or Constellations.

Which is not to say that they are of lesser quality, just not as fancy and produced in higher quantities, so not just less desirable, but still great entry level vintage Omegas.

Tbh I like that it is so simple. I hope the mechanism will work for some more time, but looking at reviews of it it definitely should 😉

Which is not to say that they are of lesser quality, just not as fancy and produced in higher quantities, so not just less desirable, but still great entry level vintage Omegas.

True, although the cases are quite basic and utilitarian, although the same could be said of the Seamaster 600.

Agree though, they offer great bang for your buck as the movements are generally the same as those seen in contemporary Seamasters

Tbh I like that it is so simple. I hope the mechanism will work for some more time, but looking at reviews of it it definitely should 😉

The 552 is historically reliable and parts for the movement are generally available and easy to service.