Omega Fligtmaster 145.036

Posts
3
Likes
0
Hello,

It's my first time posting on this forum and have a question about a Omega Fligtmaster 145.036 I bought from eBay.

One of the hands are orange but the seller mentioned that it was configured that way and has seen this before. Has anyone seen this combination before.

Here are some pics of mine.

Many thanks
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
There is a configuration with ALL orange hands and another with ALL yellow hands. But not a mixture. I assume the orange hand is a replacement, as those are more common.
 
Posts
318
Likes
309
Hi
Not a combination I’ve seen before either. As Donn has already stated the orange hand is probably a later replacement.
Regards
Chris.
 
Posts
78
Likes
292
Guess you will need to source a yellow hand for it to set it right..they came in either yellow or orange. Note I am a newbie though.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
It may just be the way the pics are displaying on my screen, but the lighter hands are looking faded orange to me.
 
Posts
1,118
Likes
1,724
It may just be the way the pics are displaying on my screen, but the lighter hands are looking faded orange to me.
This is something that could have happened . I suggest the opener to use an UV light. If the hands glow they are faded orange, if not they are yellow.
 
Posts
78
Likes
292
Does it have the original circular brushing?
think later ones had circular, earlier ones had starburst on 0.36
This is something that could have happened . I suggest the opener to use an UV light. If the hands glow they are faded orange, if not they are yellow.

never tried a UV light before, curious to try it. What's a good brand or type to buy, a link would be great and how do I use it?
Thanks
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
think later ones had circular, earlier ones had starburst on 0.36

They are rare. A lot of them have been sunburst polished.