Forums Latest Members

Omega Factory NATO Strap / Spring Bar Question

1. Chewie37 May 28, 2021

Sorry to start another NATO strap thread, but I couldn't find a concrete answer by searching previous ones, and calling Omega only confused me further.

I have a current generation seamaster professional 300 in black and a previous generation seamaster professional 300 (no wave dial) in blue. I'm trying to find the correct strap and spring bars for both.

Omega offers little guidance. I purchased https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/omega-nato-straps-031cwz010632w in the 21-22mm size, and it looks stunning on my blue smp. It is a pretty tight fit, but it fits. It came with four spring bars, all of which were too big, so I reused the ones from my metal bracelet.

So, I called Omega today to order curved spring bars (because I read that that will help accommodate the larger 21-22mm strap on the SMP) and they pretty much told me they had no idea what I was talking about and they don't have curved spring bars for that watch. I spoke with two people.

So my questions are:
    1. Is the 21-22mm size the correct width for a current and previous generation SMP 300
    and
    2. Does anyone have a part number or source for the curved spring bars so I can tell them exactly what I need? Unfortunately I'm not near an Omega boutique so I can't drop by.

Thanks everyone.

2. AngelDeVille May 28, 2021

I don't have any so I don't know for sure, but I thought an Omega Nato did come with a set of straight AND curved spring bars. I don't know about their availability separately.

I would just get some curved from a reputable parts dealer. depending where you live, I have gotten quality parts from Ewatchparts. (no affiliation)

3. KeithS May 28, 2021

The SMPc, like all iterations of the modern SMP, has a lug width of 20mm. The OEM 19-20mm NATO straps are the ones that will fit it. I have purchased 4 NATOs from Omega, none of which have come with curved spring bars. If you want to continue using the 21-22mm NATO on your SMPc, bring the spring bars that are too big to a competent jeweler and have them curve the spring bars for you. Alternatively, you could just sell the strap and springs bars and buy one that fits.

4. Donn Chambers May 28, 2021

As others have said, the strap you ordered is too wide. But regarding the curved bars, whoever you spoke to doesn’t know what they are talking about. You actually HAVE to use curved bars for the leather NATO straps or you will mar the leather. I have tried ordering curved bars from Omega in the past, they said they were on back order and would send later, but never did.

You can order Swiss made curved bars that are 1.8mm in diameter and 20mm from Amazon. I have been using them without any issue.