Forums Latest Members
  1. greddyl30pjg Jan 16, 2019

Hi Guys

Quick query, i'm ordering a few sets of spring bars from Cousins for various watches ranging from 20 - 22mm lug widths
    I've recently purchased a Watch SM300 with 1171 bracelet/ 633 end links

I know the lug width is 20mm but i'm ordering both 20 & 21mm bars (slightly longer 21mm to potentially use with a nato as i've read a slightly longer bars should fit easy when using with a nato & may give more security)

My query relates to the diameter for use with the 1171/633 bracelet/ end links
    I was just about to place the order for the 1.8mm size (which seems to be the most commonly used diameter) then I thought that perhaps I could use a 2.0mm(?) diameter if the bracelet/ end links would take it, tightening up the tolerances & potentially eliminating any movement due to the current spring bar diameter

If anyone could give me some guidance as to which spring bars to use it would be much appreciated?

Link to the ones in looking @ (double flanged): https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/0...g-bars-by-size

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2019

I think you may have misunderstood what you read. Omega bars for nato straps have a slightly longer engagement tip but the bar isn’t AFAIK any longer. Try fitting 21mm bars and you will likely just scratch up the lugs when you force them in. Curved bars may be better for a NATO. Or better still junk the NATO idea, nasty scratchy things which make the watch sit too high, and instead get a few of their excellent Buffalo range. The Milano and saddle stitched are particularly good.

1.8mm will work fine for both but they are cheap vs the postage so buy both diameters!

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 17, 2019

It’s not longer...

It’s bracelet springbars are slightly different to make them easier to remove on bracelet but make them slightly more prone to fail on a strap or nato.

4. greddyl30pjg Jan 17, 2019

Cheers for the responses I also posted on TZ & they seem to agree that 21mm length will be a struggle so will just go with 20mm