Omega F300 running intermittently

Hi all. I recently acquired the omega f300 as shown in the video. Its service history is unknown and is obviously well used. I have replaced the battery with a fresh renata 344 and have ordered some poly watch for the crystal. My main questions is regarding the issue shown in the video, that being that the watch runs intermittently before stopping. How long it runs for varies from a few seconds to a whole minute or more. Does anyone here know what the issue could be that is causing this? I have had a look at the movement and it isn’t in terrible shape. Obviously a service would be ideal for this watch but unfortunately the watchmaker I was intending on using, Electric Watches, is away and I’m not sure when he is coming back. As a secondary question, are there any other British watch makers that are able to service this model? Thanks in advance.
P.s. the original video was longer and showed the watch continuing to run for around 30s after the last tap but I have had to crop it to allow it to attach to the post

Apologies, the video does not appear to have posted with the original post. I am trying to get it to post as a reply.

IMG_3203.mov - 32.9 MB
Apologies, the video does not appear to have posted with the original post. I am trying to get it to post as a reply.

I’ve found that sometimes after a battery change, the battery needs to be re-sited. Obviously that’s assuming it was working fine before the battery was changed.

I’ve found that sometimes after a battery change, the battery needs to be re-sited. Obviously that’s assuming it was working fine before the battery was changed.
Hi Spruce, is that in relation the three pronged bit under the battery? It had a dead battery when bought so unsure how it was working but I will try reseating if not too difficult

It could be a fault in the electronics. I sent my Eterna in recently that was stopping intermittently and one coil was found to be faulty.

From Rob Berkavicius," also had to change the T coil assembly as the one in it was drawing very excessive current, about 2.5 - 3 times what it should. Not only does it exhaust the battery a lot quicker, it also makes the movement hard to phase to run consistently over the whole range of battery voltage"

Hi Spruce, is that in relation the three pronged bit under the battery? It had a dead battery when bought so unsure how it was working but I will try reseating if not too difficult
I have three cal 1250 watches and use Renata 344 batteries in two of them.

I change the battery by loosening the screw holding the two pronged brass contact.

As I mentioned above, sometimes I have to loosen the screw and gently re-site the battery.

Cousins sell replacement gaskets if you need them.

Good luck - I hope it’s as simple as I’ve suggested.

IMG_0492.jpeg IMG_4208.png IMG_0257.jpeg