Omega Estate Sale find, Please help!

New to the forum. Picked up this Omega Automatic from a local estate sale Friday. Trying to find out information and possibly a ball park of value. The serial number dates it to 1952ish, the movement is a 354. Searching this forum I have learned that the Arabic numerals on this are referred to as Breguet but I don't see a lot of watches with all 12 numbers in this style. The watch runs and seems to keep good time. Would it be worth having a watchmaker do a thorough cleaning? If I were to keep it to wear I would have to replace the band as it is too small for me, would a Gemex band like this have been original? What model is this? How would you rate its condition? Thanks in advance for any info!
Edit: Located in Fort Wayne, IN
Edited:

Looks like a very nice, original watch. The reference is G6232 as is in the inside of the caseback. Otherwise it doesn’t have a model name. Bands/bracelets were available separately so I suppose it’s possible it was sold with it - probably no way to know for sure though.

It surely could use a service, so I would definitely do so if you plan to wear it. Provide your location and someone may be able to give you a watchmaker recommendation.

That's how a newbie should buy a vintage watch, a little risk-reward at an estate sale. I'll bet you got a good deal. Very nice to see a good first purchase. :thumbsup:

USA made case by Wadsworth, I believe. There's no way to know how the watch was sold, but leather straps were quite common.
Edited:

That is almost certainly an aftermarket bracelet, but it's 11/16" lug width as is the watch.

Catalog page:

That's how a newbie should buy a vintage watch, a little risk-reward at an estate sale. I'll bet you got a good deal. Very nice to see a good first purchase. :thumbsup:

USA made case by Wadsworth, I believe, so I don't know if the reference number will provide many hits. There's no way to know how the watch was sold, but leather straps were quite common.

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not this was their asking and I got a little bit of a discount. I fell in love with the look and the numbers and just hoped it was a solid buy.

Yes, it's a fair price. Not a crazy bargain. The seller knew what they had. You did fine and it's in nice condition.

"I have never paid too much, only purchased too soon!"

That there is a good looking vintage piece. Tics all the boxes. Get it a moment service and enjoy it.

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not this was their asking and I got a little bit of a discount. I fell in love with the look and the numbers and just hoped it was a solid buy.

I would have bought it at that price. It’s a nice one. Get the movement serviced, put it on a nice leather strap, and it’ll make a nice dress watch.