Forums Latest Members
  1. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 17, 2017

I always come back here every few weeks to update my IG/OF profiles! Some very nice collections out there! Just followed a bunch! Always funny to see some of you I've already been following without checking here first.
    I still go by @speedmasterfan

love4watches_pt and onthedial like this.
  2. onthedial Oct 18, 2017

I find this thread incredibly amusing since I was chastised here by one of the Mods for noting my IG moniker at the end of a post/response (as is quite common on other forums). Similar in spirit to the OP's thread Omega enthusiasts on Instagram I included my IG info simply as a way to "connect" my passion for watch collecting to other forum members. Instead I was accused of "spamming my wares." [Queue eye-roll]. At any rate, like many here, I feel IG is a terrific source for the collector, whether it's classic cars, high-end wine, blue-chip art or vintage timepieces, etc.
    Instagram: @onthedial

love4watches_pt likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Oct 19, 2017

You were rightly critisised for that practise. Space-wasting signatures is a pet peeve of mine with other fora and I am happy that it isn't allowed here. Roll your eyes all you want or just get off OF.

4. onthedial Oct 19, 2017

Lol, talk about “space-wasting.”
    Had you actually read and understood my text it was all about linking Instagram with spamming [one’s] wares (the mod’s own words). I happen to view IG as being something more positive—it’s a great visual and communicative resource for collectors and enthusiasts alike.
    I too appreciate that signing off here, on posts/responses, should be done without including one’s IG moniker. If the rules are stated clearly, as they were to me (in a civil PM, by the mod), then they should be honored without question. So @ConElPueblo I feel you, dude.

love4watches_pt and jaegodylan like this.
  5. Horologyhusky Oct 19, 2017

6. ConElPueblo Oct 19, 2017

I am sorry, but I am not sure what "I feel you, dude" means, could you explain? I honestly don't know, not being a native English speaker.

You state that you were approached in a civil manner, but you still feel the need to post in this thread that you were

which made you "[Queue eye-roll]"...

Why do you feel the need for lashing out in that manner in this thread? There is a place on OF for sharing your Instagram account with other users and that is here. If you have an issue with the moderators or the forum rules, take it to the Forum News and Members Support subforum. The cause for you being contacted by a moderator was posting your IG moniker at the end of a post that had nothing to do with IG or your content there... So why do you say that I haven't read your post? ::confused2::

Posting an image, link or some irrelevant statement at the end of every post you make would cause the same response by a moderator.

We are in complete agreement over IG, it is a fun,visual place to share ideas and being enthusiastic about our hobbies :)

7. onthedial Oct 19, 2017

@ConElPueblo

“Lashing out?” Really? Now you’re just being silly!

Here, again, is the gist of my original post in this thread: Upon joining this fine forum I briefly used my IG moniker as a signature/sign-off. I was soon contacted via PM by one of the mods who told me that this practice was verboten (equating it with “selling my wares”). Consequently I’ve never used my IG moniker again, since, “them’s the rules. The irony, as I see it, comes into play when this particular thread, Omega enthusiasts on Instagram sees the light of day...instead of every contributor being admonished for selling their wares, each poster is generously noting their IG name in the spirit of sharing, which I happen to believe is the whole point of IG.

Unfortunately, I feel like we’ve hijacked this thread, which is a shame. If you need to continue this dialog I ask that you contact me via PM—I’m always happy to chat.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 20, 2017

Are you seriously not able to tell the difference between posting you IG handle in thread dedicated to the topic, compared to in every single post you make?

9. ConElPueblo Oct 20, 2017

You should probably contact him by PM, he's always happy to chat. I had to look up that expression he used though, he wouldn't explain it to me :(

love4watches_pt and Uniqez like this.
  10. heccsat Oct 20, 2017

love4watches_pt and onthedial like this.
  11. michael e Still learning. Oct 20, 2017

I'm pretty new to instagram but love it. prestige_wristwatch_limited

neilfrancis and onthedial like this.
  12. onthedial Oct 20, 2017

@Archer @ConElPueblo
    You guys are too much! We’re seriously going down the rabbit hole here. If you can picture a Venn diagram wherein two different issues overlap, that’s the place of irony that I was pointing out. It was merely an observation. I’ve had informative PM’s with both of you in the past; why all the public snarkiness and seemingly willful misinterpretation of words now? I’m thinking of a line from George Saunder’s Pastoralia, “Who crapped in your oatmeal?” Let’s put it to rest [shall we gentleman?] so this thread can get back on track. Enjoy your weekend. Cheers

@heccsat @michael e
    ...Thanks for resuscitating the spirit of this thread! :thumbsup:

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 20, 2017

I guess the answer is no then...cue (not queue, unless you are lining up for them) eye roll...

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers, Al

heavenscloud likes this.
  14. onthedial Oct 21, 2017

Re: worthwhile IG accounts to know
    I think @auctionlytics is doing something that's universally helpful for vintage watch collectors, and with each passing year the information he's published will become even more valuable. Basically what he's doing is creating data analytics out of various auction house results. Often the information gleaned is quite fascinating. I have no affiliation, just an unqualified recommendation. :thumbsup:

15. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 21, 2017

Is this also a thread for sharing all the pretty pretty ladies om Instagram? :D

16. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 21, 2017

I'm "kaptajnt" by the way (have probably posted it before but what the heck)

onthedial likes this.
  17. Tubber Feb 16, 2018

Not initially but please feel free to point us in the right direction.

Togri v. 2.0 and blubarb like this.
  18. bama2141 Feb 16, 2018

I’m bama2141 on instagram, just like on this forum. Pictures mostly of vintage (60s through 80s) omega chronographs

19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 16, 2018

I'm old. I hardly use FB anymore and I just don't get Instagram. Gives me a headache.

Tubber likes this.
  20. bristnj Feb 16, 2018

love4watches_pt and Jking like this.