Forums Latest Members
  1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 10, 2016

Good morning, does anyone know if Omega will replace like for like or refurbish to original spec dials on 60's and 70's vintage watches?. Seamaster line to be a little more specific.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 10, 2016

Good morning and welcome.
    Photos will always get more help!
    Which models are you talking about?

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 10, 2016

Seamaster dynamic or the like

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Mar 10, 2016

Do you have a photo of what you are hoping to fix?
    There are a lot of Dynamic dials available, and some Seamster dials. But we are talking a huge range of watches.
    As far as I know Omega will only replace a dial on these - if required.

5. novina Mar 10, 2016

Do you own either of these? Are you looking to buy and want to know how far down the rabbit hole to go? Omega will do what they will do. Replacement parts if on hand, otherwise untouched. Very expensive service by all accounts. Only worth it if it will add significant value to the piece. Most dynamics and Seamasters, not so much. At least not yet.

Also, listen very carefully to Spacefruit. You will not receive better advice than from him.

6. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 10, 2016

I don't think they typically refurbish dials. They either replace the dial if damaged or leave the original. Like for like is open to interpretation. If they have a compatible dial, they'll use it even if it isn't an exact match. This post concerning 1970s Omegas is a decent example. There were 28 1040/1041 dials, Omega now supplies 9. If you send in a watch with a damaged dial that isn't one that they still carry, you're likely to get something different back.

box7lee and Spacefruit like this.
  7. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 10, 2016

Novina, you have the essence of the situation. The watch in question is in good condition except for the dial which has considerable staining. Sending the watch to Omega would greatly exceed the value of the watch. I am looking for other options to restore an unusual watch. Sorry to be so cryptic but I would rather not give to many details right now as the watch is at auction.

PS Andy thanks for the link. Good Stuff!

8. novina Mar 10, 2016

Best bet than would to be to scour the internet for a correct replacement dial in better condition. Some parts houses like Ofrei may have something, or Cousins in the UK. Not sure as more information on the watch would be required. I knida understand about not wanting to give away to much if it is still an active auction, however these guys here pretty much know everything that is on sale at any one time. If it is very interesting, than you are most likely already bidding against one of our members.

Also, perhaps an Avatar if you intend to stick around. A lot to be learned here and many seasoned collectors. Like Spacefriut.

box7lee likes this.
  9. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Mar 10, 2016

about 2 years ago I had this seamaster serviced by Omega, Germany. The dial was heavily scratched. They send it to the land with the white cross on the red flag.
    The result is quite nice. It took about 1 year to get it back IMG_7260.jpg

box7lee and kingsrider like this.