Omega Constellation Pie Pan: Opinions?

Hello,

I have hunting for a omega constellation pie pan for a couple of months now as a proposal gift for my partner and have been outbidded at the last second each time. I really do not want to bid anymore and instead have started to look at the buy now watched on ebay. This one looks quite promising however I am very clueless when it comes to watches. Opinions would be grateful.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1449193895...CrKw+0xWcw4yj0qahyeh1LnBw=|tkp:Bk9SR8TRzdrCYQ

Cheers!

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
The watch looks to be an early 168.005 and appears to be correct with a nice dial.
However, the case is quite heavily polished, with the lugs almost entirely losing their facets.
This affects the value and, most importantly in this reference, the joy of this particular style of watch.

I realise that you are becoming frustrated in your hunt but $2,000 would be expensive for a mint example of a gold cap dogleg pie pan and this watch is anything but mint.

If you are willing to spend $2k on a watch put that in as your maximum bid on a really good example and I’d be surprised if you weren’t successful.