Omega Constellation Pie-Pan in SS

Thinking of possibly putting this one in for servicing due to the corrosion on the dial, but its still keeping within 10 seconds a day after 20+ years unserviced.

This one was actually off a local Brisbane collector that had about 20 vintage Omegas and 40 vintage Bulova Acutrons, but was the only Pie-Pan out of the bunch.

The truly amazing part is how good the Pie-Pan bracelet is even after all this time, nothing is as comfortable as that thing!

The reference is CK2852 and the movement is an Omega Cal 501

piepan.jpg
piepan2.jpg
piepan3.jpg

Great watch! Mine has a 505 in it. Don't worry about the corrosion, mine developed an interesting patina on the dial, and the spotting on your Pie Pan isn't too bad. 👍

5518426521_b32a1f8110_b.jpg

5497867711_901f7fc2a3_b.jpg

Great watch! Mine has a 505 in it. Don't worry about the corrosion, mine developed an interesting patina on the dial, and the spotting on your Pie Pan isn't too bad. 👍

5518426521_b32a1f8110_b.jpg

5497867711_901f7fc2a3_b.jpg

Oh hey Kyle! When did you score that one, I thought you had a non-pie-pan consttellation, is that one the same reference as mine?

Oh hey Kyle! When did you score that one, I thought you had a non-pie-pan consttellation, is that one the same reference as mine?

I had this one for a little bit, that was my most recent purchase though. I had this 2887-2, but once it came back from service I sold it. 🤔

5510167005_0f9fa724dd_z.jpg

Any thoughts about this..(I never thought i'd see the day that i'd be looking at vintage connies.. I blame you Dennis..😁)

piepan.jpg
A STAINLESS STEEL AUTOMATIC GENTLEMAN`S OMEGA CONSTELLATION WRISTWATCH WITH ORIGINAL "PIE PAN" DIAL. DATED 1960. The silvered dial with hourly applied silver batons and interior minute divisions, circular shaped case with original crown, fitted to an original Omega rice grain bracelet with folding clasp, signed Omega movement with 24 jewels numbered 17016432, calibre number 551, case number 14381-6-SC, case diameter 34 mm.
Sorry have no pics of the inside. How much would you give for this little beaut.

Cheers
Steve.

Any thoughts about this..(I never thought i'd see the day that i'd be looking at vintage connies.. I blame you Dennis..😁)

piepan.jpg
A STAINLESS STEEL AUTOMATIC GENTLEMAN`S OMEGA CONSTELLATION WRISTWATCH WITH ORIGINAL "PIE PAN" DIAL. DATED 1960. The silvered dial with hourly applied silver batons and interior minute divisions, circular shaped case with original crown, fitted to an original Omega rice grain bracelet with folding clasp, signed Omega movement with 24 jewels numbered 17016432, calibre number 551, case number 14381-6-SC, case diameter 34 mm.
Sorry have no pics of the inside. How much would you give for this little beaut.

Cheers
Steve.

I don't like the crown, but do like the overall style, I won't comment on the dial, the only reason I was confident buying mine was the complete service history and extensive paperwork that came with it. One of my favorite parts of the Pie-Pan look is the faceted octagonal crown (see my pics) which is a special design element of these, and works with the 1950s/1960s "Mad-Men" sort of master of the universe styling of the Constellation.

It was yet another thing that set the Connie apart from all the other also-rans in the dress watch market, Datejusts included.

Crown has been replaced, but everything else looks ok. Case looks polished down, but it's a nice example. I would maybe give $650 because of the bracelet?

Looks correct - the 14.381 did house the no-date 551, the serial number does put the watch around 1960 or late 1959, and the dial is correct for the case. Hands seem okay length, the bezel retains it's bevel, and the BoR was available then. I'd want to see more detailed pics and I'm not 100% sure that's the correct style crown (it does appear to be an Omega one though) but it's okay so far. If it passes muster I'd say anywhere from $800 - $1150 depending on condition and if it's serviced with a warranty. I just helped a Watch Talk Forums member buy the same watch in a gold capped case for $900-ish.

Thanks guys, I'm leaning more to the pie pan. I just think the dial looks so nice.

Condition Report: A stainless steel Omega Constellation wristwatch, automatic wind movement working at present, original silver dial is in very good condition showing some very light discolouring in the center, the silver hands are in good condition showing some pitting, the original Omega crystal has some very light abrasions to the surface, case and bracelet are both in very good condition with a brushed and polished finish, this watch has no box or paper work.

My price was way off...🤔

Not necessarily. He did ask what you would pay, not the average selling price. I'd like to snag that watch for $650 and make a quick $250 on it any day! 😁 There's no law saying you can't occasionally make some money at your hobby.

I appreciate your reply Kyle, you can't really put an accurate price on these things. People will pay what they feel is right.

I paid $800 for mine, but only because I specifically wanted the arrowhead marker dial and hadn't seen many of them.

If it helps, in the last 12 months I've seen perfectly mint examples of that watch, and the dog leg lug 167.005 in stainless, selling for $950 to $1100. Neither were recently serviced though.