Omega Constellation Pie Pan Dial from 1966

YES, a 54 yr old watch should definitely be serviced before running it. don't take it to a local battery swapper at the mall... find someone who will be careful with that beauty.

OP, make sure you heed this advice. If you are in the States, use this link to find an AWCI certified watchmaker. Make sure you are overly descriptive of the service you want done and to reiterate: DON’T POLISH THE CASE! ;)

Like 1
What a lovely example, Absolutely do some research before finding a service shop. Make sure to specify that it is only lightly polished, if any.
I had a 14k deluxe example serviced and only had them clean it as opposed to a polish.

Everything about this post is terrific. Not only is the watch genuinely interesting and in great shape, and not only did the OP put in the effort to do research and provide relevant information, but the grandfather who originally acquired it is still with us for a change.

I don't have much to add about the watch, except to say your grandfather was not screwing around when he selected it.

Like 3
OP, does the bracelet have any markings? It doesn't seem original to the watch, but (may be glare or color correction) it also looks like white gold. That would be a good indication that the case is also white gold. Gorgeous watch regardless. Watch out who you take it to for servicing and if you choose to sell it, take it to somebody knowledgeable in vintage watches.

OP, does the bracelet have any markings? It doesn't seem original to the watch, but (may be glare or color correction) it also looks like white gold. That would be a good indication that the case is also white gold. Gorgeous watch regardless. Watch out who you take it to for servicing and if you choose to sell it, take it to somebody knowledgeable in vintage watches.
Yeah regarding the bracelet I am unsure if it's the factory fitted one or changed at the dealership as there are no Omega logos on the same. There are some markings which I feel are hallmarks but I am not sure. Will upload additional clear pics for the case and bracelet.
The case, however is definitely not white gold.

Yeah regarding the bracelet I am unsure if it's the factory fitted one or changed at the dealership as there are no Omega logos on the same. There are some markings which I feel are hallmarks but I am not sure. Will upload additional clear pics for the case and bracelet.
The case, however is definitely not white gold.
These came fitted with leather straps as standard so a bracelet whether Omega or aftermarket would have been an accessory.
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/watch-omega-constellation-calendar-de-luxe-ba-168-0006
Edited:

Wow, absolutely stunning. It will serve me as good reference to compare whether other specimens are overpolished or not.