Forums Latest Members
  1. Dark_Comet Jun 27, 2020

In 1978 I bought my Omega Constellation Chronometer.. I believe it is the pan face design, gold and stainless steel. This watch has developed an issue with the winder. The watch keeps immaculate time and the winder was smooth as silk when it was working. However, the crown came out when I went to change the time and discovering it was a split shaft I pressed it back in gently but now I cannot wind the watch. It has been back to an omega agent two times
    and each time I got it back the winder broke shortly after. They told me the watch needs a service yet the watch got a complete service by the same people a number of years back and I seldom wear the watch. Now the watch is with another omega agent and their telling me rubbish like the it needs a new crown wheel and the winding shaft is full of rust. I am being quoted 450 euro for the repairs but they refuse to give me a breakdown of the charge. I cannot send it to omega as I simply could not afford the 750 swiss francs. Would you guys know of an omega repair guy in the UK or Ireland who would give me an honest appraisal on this watch and repair it for me as I would be more than delighted to pay.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 27, 2020