Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Chronoquartz / Albatross

1. photo500 Jan 26, 2021

Hi All,
    I have a Chronoquartz 196.0052 aka the Albatross, for sale which has been fully overhauled and serviced. These date from 1976 and were all made in the same year apparently. They carry the seal of the Montreal Olympics on the case back.

The Chronoquartz has been fully rebuilt inside and out and is as new as it is possible to make one of these at present. The circuitry in its entirety has been replaced which includes the LCD screen. A full case kit has been fitted too so all seals are fresh and the crown operates as it should. The black LCD 'mask' under the crystal was also replaced with a new one. Everything is functioning as expected. All of the case parts that were replaced are included bagged up with the sale. A pressure test has been completed and it passed no problem. All of the parts used in the overhaul were new and genuine Omega, nothing was NOS or taken from another watch.

The analogue side of the movement has been completely serviced as well and coupled with its new motor, will give many years of trouble free use. Timekeeping now is within 10-15 seconds PER YEAR, which is impressive even by todays standards.

This Chronoquartz comes fitted with its original bracelet 1277/212 (not a service replacement) which has been refinished. It is long enough to fit a 7.5 inch wrist.

Just in case you are wondering, I'm 'Lewiswatchco' on Instagram and have an authorised Omega workshop so again, all parts are new and genuine. Please respect the fact that I will not modify your existing watch or sell parts. I'm located in Perth, Western Australia. This watch comes with a Two Year back to LWC Warranty.

I ship everything with DHL Express free of charge, normally a 4-5 day service, this could be a little longer just now in these uncertain times and depending on where you are. Payment with Paypal plus fees or Bank transfer.

$3180AUD EXPORT PRICE or $3500AUD if you are located in Australia - which includes GST.

These are a super cool piece of the 70's and with this one you won't have to worry about cranky 45 year old electronics :)

Thanks for looking and apologies for the variable white balance in the photos.....

IMG_6191.jpeg IMG_6190.jpeg IMG_6192.jpeg IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6185.jpeg IMG_6186.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg IMG_4711.jpeg

JohnSteed, rkny18, BlueBoy and 3 others like this.
  2. photo500 Feb 5, 2021

Bump :)

3. photo500 Feb 25, 2021

Bump :)